Save Christmas pics

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Save Christmas pics

Post by Nick »

I saved Christmass for the first time ever last night... it was fun I highly sugest you do it while wearing your power hour robe (lasts two hours) i didn't die at all but i would have if i didn't have the extra 200 hp from the robe.

[healself timer should be set to 1 sec delay, the enemy of one and discord work here. aoe does not however, so a weapon with some spells on it is great. i recommend a WW (halebar) and single target weapon (yumi)

dead angels drop like 7k gold so they are worth looting and they most often have corrupted spirit you will need to ride around (cant enter on ethrel but you can mount when in field of play) and find your items to steal after you have colected your ice hearts and corrupted souls. so i suggest disarming (running a heal only macro) and pre queuing steal a lot of the needed items are on the edges of the map in knooks so explore well.

For me at least the mobs were the biggest threat to dying, the bosses themselves were very manageable

jack frost had a bunch of mobs with him that i killed first but then just stood toe to toe and shot arrows.

oogie boogie i kitted a bit since he dropped collosel blows if your fought close and it stopped me from shooting for a while. he sponse 3 little buts (oogies's bug) but they don't do much and have like 220 HP

grinch had a dog named max that hit pretty hard so I killed the pup first... then i just ran back and forth in the hall shooting the grinch...(my power hour robe disappeared at the start of the fight....

all in all it is a good event that requires some close attention and it was really fun i picked the jewel of winter as my reward though i really did want that statue... JOW seems on par with SoT for HP and it has 30% sdi...think ill wear it as my long term neck slot... thanks staff for putting the event together
Attachments
grinch and his dog
grinch and his dog
Mr grinch and his dog max.png (392.15 KiB) Viewed 3868 times
oogie boogie
oogie boogie
Oogie boogie.png (383.85 KiB) Viewed 3862 times
jackfrost
jackfrost
jackfrost.png (261.74 KiB) Viewed 3851 times
get the cloke unless you want to die some...or are already a in game god
get the cloke unless you want to die some...or are already a in game god
power hour cloke.png (343.52 KiB) Viewed 3876 times
Kaiho
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Save Christmas pics

Post by Kaiho »

I take it there are no pets allowed?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Kaiho, you can read specifics about the quests and what's possible/not on the wiki: http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Winter_Events
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Finished the quest last night and it was a lot of fun :)

That cloak makes it a lot safer running around the dungeon stealing stuff!

Would definitely agree to kill max first on the Grinch before taking him on, especially if you are using enemy of one on the Grinch, the dog hits very hard!
In game name: Abarai
Kaiho
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Kaiho »

+Nyx wrote:Kaiho, you can read specifics about the quests and what's possible/not on the wiki: http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Winter_Events
Sorry, I missed it.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Since you can fail the quest, I've been looking for solid information on preparing for the bosses. This topic had decent information so I thought I'd add to it:

Jack Frost: about as powerful as the rabid polar bears but with more hit points and he summons a bunch of elementals. If you can go toe to toe with a rabid polar bear, you can take him within the 30 minute time frame. I just ignored the spawn and stood there with a whirlwind weapon.

Oogie Boogie: Very, very slow. Just run around with your bow (kite him). I did 80-90 pts damage with armor pierce and it took something like 15 minutes to drop him.

Followed the advice above with the Grinch: I was able to drag max away first and kited him for 5-10 minutes. Then the same with the Grinch for the next 5 to 10 minutes. The Grinch drops concussion blows if you try to stand toe to toe (which freeze you in place and stop your attack) so you'll want a bow for this fight. They had more HP than the polar bears but neither was more powerful. The dog is faster than the Grinch but it's easy enough to stay ahead and land plenty of arrows. They're both faster than Oogie Boogie but slower than the gremlins.

Fallen Angels and Frost Daemons are reskinned balrons. The drop balron-style loot and count towards your balron achievement. Very plentiful in the dungeon -- watch out for half a dozen of them teaming you.

The Ice Furies will not attack unless you attack them first.

If the mobs are bunched up at the entrance, jump on your ethereal mount and run through. Once you establish a safe area deeper in you can work your way back and pick them off a manageable amount at a time.

The area over by the checkerboard is a pretty safe place. You can run back and forth behind the pond and the mobs become confused running back and forth on the other side. They have a hard time getting to you, so you can pick them off with your bow.

A post with a map of where the items and bosses are is here: viewtopic.php?t=13400