Tailor BOD quick touchup

Tufi
Master Scribe

Re: Tailor BOD quick touchup

Post by Tufi »

These changes sound exciting. However, before they add stuff, I would like to see the BOD system tweaked.

Presently:
Smithing Large bods are all 90% for armor while small ones are for weapons. Frustrating chance of fulfillment
Tailoring There are a few certain things on large bods that you NEVER get small bods for ie: I have quite few clothing bods totally complete except for shoes since I started here. I have NEVER gotten a shoe bod since I started. Maybe one and wrong amoun Also often get the same bod 4x in a row
Carp With maxed skills, I still get 60% chest bods. Waste of resources. As with tailoring, many large bods require items you never get small bods for.

This would make proposed changes more equitable or hi-level rewards would practically be impossible
Argyle
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Argyle »

Not-top-tier runics are generally useless and need help in some way. I was thinking that the straightforward ability to convert them up a tier (no strings attached) is fine, also i think 5:1 is too much - you would need 2 million spined uses to make 1 etheral use. 2:1 is too little though (512sp:1eth), maybe 3:1? (just under 20k spined per etheral). This would also greatly help fletching and smithing. I think the new coloured repair kits are also ripe for adding to the reward system.
I like the idea of an extra currency in general, but I would like to say a couple of things on it - the things to buy have to be worth it otherwise why bother even changing anything, and it should be possible to trade in bod rewards for them similar to any normal vendor (e.g. at 50 % value). Then all the dross is useful. Anyone want a coloured loom?

To be honest, I think all the bod systems need help (though taming i would say was only a tweak). I tend to agree that increasing to more than 3 options per tier doesn't feel great; it would be good though if all 5 had good targets (i.e. things that retail at 1-3 mil like the sharpening stone and 120 taming) at the top end.

Another great step (following from the add all from bag option) would be to have the ability to transfer all the bods in a filtered view into another book, rather than dropping to bag.

And carpentry rewards don't have much going for them atm.
Ingame char name is microcline
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Tufi wrote:These changes sound exciting. However, before they add stuff, I would like to see the BOD system tweaked.

Presently:
Smithing Large bods are all 90% for armor while small ones are for weapons. Frustrating chance of fulfillment
Tailoring There are a few certain things on large bods that you NEVER get small bods for ie: I have quite few clothing bods totally complete except for shoes since I started here. I have NEVER gotten a shoe bod since I started. Maybe one and wrong amoun Also often get the same bod 4x in a row
Carp With maxed skills, I still get 60% chest bods. Waste of resources. As with tailoring, many large bods require items you never get small bods for.

This would make proposed changes more equitable or hi-level rewards would practically be impossible
This is by design. If you get a weapon small bod, you're supposed to fill it, then can immediately request another one (if you drag it on top of the smith's head). This keeps people turning in bods, or selling/trading them with others, rather than just getting all the best rewards with no work involved.

If you're able to get a large bod with shoes in it, you should also be able to receive a shoes bod. Are other's experiencing this as well? Nobody has reported it so far that I know of as a bug, or issue.

I plan to look at the other bod rewards as well, once their crafting systems are updated.

High level rewards are supposed to be rare by design. They will not be less rare after this update. The rewards should be more useful though. (Does anyone really need a Tailor's Protector?).
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Argyle wrote:Not-top-tier runics are generally useless and need help in some way. I was thinking that the straightforward ability to convert them up a tier (no strings attached) is fine, also i think 5:1 is too much - you would need 2 million spined uses to make 1 etheral use. 2:1 is too little though (512sp:1eth), maybe 3:1? (just under 20k spined per etheral). This would also greatly help fletching and smithing. I think the new coloured repair kits are also ripe for adding to the reward system.
I like the idea of an extra currency in general, but I would like to say a couple of things on it - the things to buy have to be worth it otherwise why bother even changing anything, and it should be possible to trade in bod rewards for them similar to any normal vendor (e.g. at 50 % value). Then all the dross is useful. Anyone want a coloured loom?

To be honest, I think all the bod systems need help (though taming i would say was only a tweak). I tend to agree that increasing to more than 3 options per tier doesn't feel great; it would be good though if all 5 had good targets (i.e. things that retail at 1-3 mil like the sharpening stone and 120 taming) at the top end.

Another great step (following from the add all from bag option) would be to have the ability to transfer all the bods in a filtered view into another book, rather than dropping to bag.

And carpentry rewards don't have much going for them atm.
I think converting tools is a complicated thing. I like the idea, and even suggested it myself. I think a 3:1 would be too common. I'd probably want something more like 5:1 or higher. I really don't want people farming spined kits and getting ethereal uses out of them too easily.

Low end bod rewards are just that. Low end. You grow out of them easily enough, and many people don't even get started until later in their crafts journey. Trading them in might be possible, but I think it would just open the door to potential abuse (ie: buy and do all the junk bods to sell to get the currency needed to buy the shiny new thing you want - circumventing the way it was designed in the first place).

The original tailor bod system has reward choices that seem to average between 1-2 options per level.
The custom Excelsior one is more like 2-3 options per level.
My re-design is more along the lines of 3-4 options per level. There are still some tiers with only 2 options.

There are only a few tiers with more than 3 reward options, and I think there is appropriate cause for there to be 4 options in those particular tiers, to ensure rarity of certain items.
seagrams
Adept Scribe

Post by seagrams »

I have gotten many shoe small BODs and every other SBOD that I have needed to fill a LBOD, so far.
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

Forgot to say, in smithing, you don't get bods by turning in bods. You can just claim the reward but must wait HOURS AND HOURS to be eligible for a bod again

I have no interest in getting techie in this game. I have a tendency to go OCD and want to avoid that. Just want to play

I DID NOT GET SHOE BODS FOR A YEAR!!! I am not an idiot.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Tufi wrote:Forgot to say, in smithing, you don't get bods by turning in bods. You can just claim the reward but must wait HOURS AND HOURS to be eligible for a bod again

I have no interest in getting techie in this game. I have a tendency to go OCD and want to avoid that. Just want to play

I DID NOT GET SHOE BODS FOR A YEAR!!! I am not an idiot.
Nobody called you an idiot. I said the issue wasn't reported. And seagrams says he's getting them fine, so it sounds like some bad luck on your part, rather than some bug in the system.

There are currently 2 ways to turn in bods. One, drag the completed bod on top of the appropriate NPC (tailor, smith, etc). Two, click the button in the bod gump itself.

The first way (dragging) allows you to get a new bod immediately. The second way (clicking the arrow) does not, and forces you to wait out the timer. I think Arden will be implementing a fix in the near future, so both ways are the same. Until then, you can do it your way and wait out the timers, or learn a different way, where you can get a new bod immediately. Choice is up to you.
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

go try and put a bod on the NPC They I don't need this. done and done. So click on the gump, get the reward but timer goes into effect. You think after 20 yrs I don't know the possible options yet?!?!?!?!
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I just tested it(with smith and tailor), and the way i described works fine.
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

If you put a completed small bod on the smithy NPC and got a new one right away, I WANT TO KNOW WHERE!!!! ain't happening in Moonglow
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Perhaps you should log in and submit a help request, so i can try to assist you.
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

I already did. You told me to post in the forum. Just tell me where you gave a smithy NPC a bod and got a new one right away like the tailor and carps do
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Yes, I said post your suggestions for tailoring bods in the forums. Bug reports or issues like you're talking about belong in the help que in game. They are two very different things.

Any blacksmith should work just fine. (note: weaponsmith, and armorer are not blacksmiths).
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

OK It works fine on my other shard as it did in OSI. Just have been going along thinking that's just the way it is. Didn't see it as a bug. Just the way this shard is so didn't occur to me to file a help ticket
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

Didn't mean to stir things up. This is the way it looks.
I am using the blacksmith in Britain from now on. HOWEVER, retesting on my other shard and one other, this shard is the only one with this time thing going on. Everywhere else, you fill a bod, get a bod. Period