Questions on voting stone

Name says it all
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Questions on voting stone

Post by Silent »

Hi guys,

So I read the stone poll down at the town center and I am kinda confused with the voting.

What kind of nerfing are we talking about in the "old content" ?

Let's say perhaps bone crushers and SoT could be nerfed? or titan hammers?

Is this what the old content means?
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Re: Questions on voting stone

Post by Sir Blood »

They have been coding changes for the new expansion areas, an example of a change is the new food/hunger thing. In order to accommodate the new ideas for the expansion area when you are very hungry your character doesn't react/attack/regen/heal as well, includes bonuses for being fully fed.

Some things are unbalanced... mage spells are not all that great in the long run... would be awesome if they beefed them up... Have been saying for long time some druid spells are Over Powered. They have been teasing us with adding in more items like the Bone Crusher and Titans hammer... ultimately "might" lower their value BUT will make them more readily available for less equipped players... ^_^
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Sorry for the rather cryptic message on the poll stone, i intentionally left it like that.. the question contains enough information.

To explain in more detail, it's often very mind-intensive to try and predict all the possible problems that might arise with some change or addition, and that's why things go slow. And I actually remember the first few months when we were making the shard, we made sooo much stuff in so little time, because we weren't really thinking about how things should be or what all issues might happen because of it later on, it was much more a matter of expression than of careful development.

At this stage, with anything new or changed we have to be first careful of the technical aspect (so the shard doesn't crash every other day), as well as how these things connect with everything else. This game is very interconnected.

So in theory, we could do things much faster, expressive, dynamic... but that would mean we'd more often have to go back and "fix" things.

I see the poll right now is almost 60% for more dynamic, and 40% for more careful development. In the end, I think the steady-careful way of doing things we have is the way to a stable game, even though it means it's slower. If we took a much more dynamic approach, it could just fall apart like a house of cards at some point.
But still, looks like currently 60% say they'd rather have more new stuff to play with, even if that meant a more frequent rebalancing of that content.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Results of the poll. Again, this doens't mean we'll be changing our development techniques and approaches. I like the results though, it shows that we could be a bit more dynamic :)

poll 2017-10-11.png
poll 2017-10-11.png (59.4 KiB) Viewed 1640 times
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Considering many folks didn't really understand the question, not a super reliable count, but interesting nonetheless :) It's also neat that so many people were active and voted in the past couple days!