Veteran reward system revamp

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Re: Veteran reward system revamp

Post by +Requiem »

Tufi wrote:Fun things we can't craft, like a mining cart maybe?
These aren't a part of the achievement system, or veteran rewards. Why would they be displayed in an area showing off veteran rewards?
Tufi
Master Scribe

Post by Tufi »

*Colibri Because it looks great, it's a fun thing and unavailable

Still want a senior center for this stuff. But I have my unicorn and with the mess his hooves make, I don't need to buy footprints
Rossi
Elder Scribe

Post by Rossi »

What id like to understand is how when going from 7th year to 8th year you gain 1 point to spend in the new vet system.... i cant purchase a thing with 1 vet point is that a bug... glitch... or just a way of tell old players hey you been here to long here is 1 point to piss you off
Commander And Chief Of BRO (ENGLISH) and Mayor Of The BRO City Aurei Urbem

Here for all your bio Engineering Needs Pm Rossi In Game for Sales and Questions
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

if your on month 11 of your 7th year then when you get to 8th year your only due 1 point. as far as I know vet points are 1 per month no matter what month your on.
fingers
Legendary Scribe

Post by fingers »

I completely agree with the staff on this subject! I find it to be pretty clear that a mount on wich is written "60 months vet reward" is not made to be used by players of every age. And as +R mentionned, in doubt, ask support... I am actually quite shocked that some member of UOEX community can come on this forum and crtiticize the staff (who have generously spent countless hours for us to put toghetter theses fantastic vet rewards), while, imo, it is themself and their own greed their fingers should be pointing at.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Rossi wrote:What id like to understand is how when going from 7th year to 8th year you gain 1 point to spend in the new vet system.... i cant purchase a thing with 1 vet point is that a bug... glitch... or just a way of tell old players hey you been here to long here is 1 point to piss you off

You don't. You gain 1 point per month that you are active.
+Colibri wrote:You can get 1 reward point every month. The new system calculates your age correctly[1], to the exact date of the year (instead of 1 month being 30 days and a year being 360 days). But keep in mind, you will only get a point if you have been active within the last month. [2]
Rossi
Elder Scribe

Post by Rossi »

so if you want something from the current year you just hit you just need to wait 9 months to get it or save for 9 months.... that makes since. Congrats your 8 years now on the shard just need to wait 9 more months before you can purchase anything from this section lol... whats the break down on how many eds to buy more points
Commander And Chief Of BRO (ENGLISH) and Mayor Of The BRO City Aurei Urbem

Here for all your bio Engineering Needs Pm Rossi In Game for Sales and Questions
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Rossi, you should have at least 70+ points. All points were reset retroactively when the revamp happened. So the only way you can't afford the next year vet reward is if you went nuts on rewards right after the revamp.
TDC Guild
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The "veteran reward: X months" is known throughout all shards that only players that old can use it. And it was like this for ethies on this shard as well, until the upgrade which came with a bug. Only a player younger than 6 months that never played another shard, and never played any other game with veteran rewards, could consider that these can be used even by newbies.

As for the points, yes you get 1 point per active month. But different rewards open up at different times... so if you want that reward that costs 6 veteran points and open at 3 years, you can either first spend all points and then have to wait another 6 months, or you can save the points up (plan ahead) so you have enough points when the reward for a certain age opens up for you.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Out of curiosity, how were the items and years decided upon? I am 3.5 years and would greatly like to have the Rune footprints, but this is a 7 year reward. There does not seem to be a huge issue with footprints like there is with ethy mounts. Footprints mostly seem like an extension of your Character like a piece of armor or item appearance or special coloring (dye tubs). With that in mind, could they not have a Reward Cost assigned to them? Perhaps they all cost the same amount, 15 or 20 points for example. The Titles make sense but the rest seems random. I admit that I don't know all the factors that went into those decisions. This is not a complaint. I think the system works well, there are just not too many things on there that I am interested in. Thanks for all you do for us and the shard.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The footprints were sorted by how great they look. A 1-year veteran gets just the floor cracks, and the glow-in-the-dark runes are a 7-year reward.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

They certainly do look cool. And they fit right in with my name Glyph. So by default I should be able to get them now. :nod: 8) :lool:
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

are the vet reward banners and statues supposed to be account bound? ive heard of there being bound and unbound versions in game and I thought I heard that it was supposed to be unbound but don't recall where I heard that.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

OMG i am so sorry people Veteran reward system revamp

Post by dreamstalker »

Im really really truly sorry to let out a rant like that and me havin 8 years under my belt (not to mention some over it lol). I know there is no excuse for this however i hope you will take into consideration that i was feelin very ill and due to med problems i take lots of pills and quite a few shots every day. i wont go into details on all cause im not lookin for sympathy or any thing, perhaps a lil understandin. point is i take (or did) 200 mg of lithium carb 2x a day. well it took a while but i got what the doc called lithium toxcicity . us normal folk would say lithium poisoning. as i said i was really feelin bad n i think for that whole week prior i slept 20hours a day. ya it was that bad. i dont remember typing that rant and just did find it while reading the forums as all excelsiorans should do as often as possible.
point is i take (or did) 200 mg of lithium carb 2x a day. well it took a while but i got what the doc called lithium toxcicity . us normal folk would say lithium poisoning. i was so out of it when she called doc monday morn he said bring him in asap or call 911. didnt have to wait at all. i caught bits of convo but mainly heard doc say to wife that the poisonin thing then asked if she wanted to drive me to hospt or would call ambulance for me. so off i go in the ambulance.
The poisonin is caused because the dose is wayyyy too high (doesnt take long to see it) or a little too high (might take years for it to reveal it self) mine took 9 years to show up. the lithium had reached a toxic level accordin to doc prolly early or mid of the previous week. Wife was told for me to stop takin all meds except shots untill my next next appointment. as far as sellin mounts i was told it was fine. i did buy back all of them (except one guy woudnt sell back so when he hit 8 shortly he wouldn't have to use points) so in closin i apologize to staff and players alike. i am sorry plz forgive me and if u dont think im not tellin the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth at least perhaps maybe give me benefit of the
doubt. ty bestess shard ever. hats off to staff who work hard ,lil pay lol, and still not hitting ban button when they read stuff like the crap in my post previously.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Rahr
Elder Scribe

Post by Rahr »

No worries Dream. Sorry to hear about your recent illness with the poisoning, hope you get to feeling much better. Good Luck :nod: