Spectre Dungeon Revamp

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Re: Spectre Dungeon Revamp

Post by Pariah »

mattwaldram wrote: 5) Could be some decent money for newer players who collect/sell the keys. Given that it took me 80 minutes to collect all the items, I would be very happy to pay someone to take that part of the process away. If I'm gold-farming, I can make between 500k-600k in an hour...
EDIT: I did a "high yield" gold farming test run and in about 15 mins unencumbered, I made 110k so this isn't far outside my realm. Turns out my ADHD just won't let me continuously gold farm for long. :)

I know that is slightly off topic. I tried Spectre for the first time last night and this morning. My thoughts, it's great as long as it's unoccupied. Last night, there were 5-6 people there and it was pretty pointless. I look forward to instancing it though and the boss fight with mortal strike and higher damage with lower health made me actually have to pay attention, which was cool since I'm on auto-pilot 95% of the time when playing this game. Really like it overall even though I didn't get a recipe scroll. Will definitely be back.
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

I'm a big fan of the new dungeon, mostly cause of the new deco items!

Speaking of which, I got an unfinished sculpture, which shows up as a block of stone, like a column. If you double click it, it comes up with a target. Does the stone take the shape of what you target? It would be nice to know how that works before doing it, as I'm guessing its a permanent change to the item.
Maybe a list of all recipes and what they look like on the wiki perhaps?

The gold is generous in my mind, I would still going through all the trouble without the gold benefit, as I think the deco items are well worth the time.

The only real complaint I could say, is sometimes the master's spawn time can be a little bit ridiculous. I was alone for almost 2 hours one night, and one of the masters didn't even spawn the whole time I was in there.
I'd say 1 hour max between spawns would be a fair time.

Its true though, its a great dungeon when your alone, but if there is more people it becomes next to impossible to try and collect a set of summoning pieces. Especially if some of them only drop every hour or more.
Jean Luc Picard in game
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

The Master's are purposefully rare. They have a small chance to spawn every time though, so you could get lucky and get back to back spawns, or like you've experienced, might take an hour or two.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I have decreased the spawn rates to server normal, as well as increased the chance for the master's to spawn.

It is currently possible for there to be 2 master's at once, but when my brain is functioning a bit better, I will figure out the math and fix this as well.

Also, stay tuned on the availability of paragon chests from the dungeon mobs. I found out why they weren't giving them, and I'm asking +C he's ok with the chests dropping there.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Awesome... I am gonna farm it nonstop while the farming is good. *Rubs hands together and cackles maniacally*
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Lady Demolka
Novice Scribe

Post by Lady Demolka »

You guys doing great job. Im waiting for my char is ready for this adventure
ILV
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Glad to hear about the Paragon chests and the increased Master spawn rate. Thanks again +R.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

It is possible that an average of one monster every 5 minutes per room is a bit slow.. /js
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

They are meant to be rare so it seems like they are keeping it that way. It's a patience game, not a mad dash. Just enjoy the quiet time and meditate. Ooooom. Ooooom. OooooMG when will the next monster spawn?
Last edited by [Glyph] on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

I am OK with rare.. but last night I waited over 4 hours in Julius' room until he popped.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

I completely agree that is can take forever. Even commented on it when the dungeon first reopened. However, I do understand the concept behind it. And there are already people trying to sell the recipies. It will take some time before we are overrun or inundated (with the new things) like we are with everyting else. Constant spamming in WC for the most popar items. And everything is readily, if not cheaply, available on quite a few vendors. I hate to say it but perhaps the rewards should be account bound. That could draw more people to the new dungeon and would halt the excess and keep the items rare. Not everyone will want to do the waiting. I wonder if a puzzle like in the Citadel would work out. It could up your chance of a master spawning quicker but also have the potential to lower your chance or "reset the clock". Until then, I will be impatiently waiting for masters to spawn and generally amusing myself in world chat to the chagrin of others. :lool: :dance
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

You would see that if pets couldn't be use in the dungeon..you would have less people farming...but i guess those people would be mad....but you cannot please everybody right....

All i know is that the few times i went there people that were farming alot had pets....so you remove pets...you remove the easy killing and some people might find interest else where....but i understand that mid-player want a place to hunt with pets...

just i thought !
In-game name: Drakis.
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

I agree with Adrycks.. This was supposed to be a tougher place infact I was the first one to die to the spectre queen, I don't use pets.. the player before me had pets and didn't die.. I'm huge believer in balance.. And this was supposed to be a peerless like experience.. But when I saw the recent changes that lead to a 4 hr wait for a mini boss and 100k a piece key price I thought no way... this is not going down the right path heh. I trust +R he does great work but if this the path im willing to just buy the deeds in TC rather then waste my time...
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I am locking this thread in order to make a new poll thread. Please direct all comments there.