Disparity in Despise spawns

Name says it all
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Disparity in Despise spawns

Post by Cygnus »

It was brought up by another player that the Ogres in Despise were giving crappy loot. 16 - 18gp as opposed to 55 - 65gp. I just did a check and verified that most were giving crappy loot but some were dropping what they should be. I also found that there is a big difference with the Ogre Lords. It was about 50/50 with some dropping around 80 and others dropping the normal 330. Also saw a difference with the Trolls as well. In fact, all seemed to be affected except the Acid Elementals, Cyclops and Earth Elementals. But, then again, I may not have killed enough of them to find out. This seems to be a recent change. Perhaps after one of the restarts? Will this remain this way :?:
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Re: Disparity in Despise spawns

Post by Yoda »

and every time he talks..... I get the urge to pick up a guitar and hammer out anthem... no idea why
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It is part of the dungeon revamps I did years ago, and it's every dungeon. All new spawns added at that time have reduced loot and XP.

You can read about it in the changelog from that year:
http://uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38855
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

Thanks for the reply +Nyx. I remember the changes being done but did not remember all the changes that were made. What I can't believe is how long ago those changes were made. Some are almost 5 years old! Time sure flies, as I did not think those changes were THAT long ago! Well, all this tells me is that my Compendium needs a definite update beyond the Dungeon Wrong changes. AS always, keep up the great work!
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

+Nyx wrote:It is part of the dungeon revamps I did years ago, and it's every dungeon. All new spawns added at that time have reduced loot and XP.

You can read about it in the changelog from that year:
http://uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38855
I remember the reduced gold... but I thought they had increased XP?
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

No. The revamps involved reduced loot & xp mobs. Later on I went and boosted the xp in fel dungeons a bit, and mistvale dungeons have bonus xp as well.
Kara
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kara »

+Nyx wrote:No. The revamps involved reduced loot & xp mobs. Later on I went and boosted the xp in fel dungeons a bit, and mistvale dungeons have bonus xp as well.
Ah, I see.