wax refiner

Name says it all
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

wax refiner

Post by Alamiester »

just wondering if anyone had any info or experience on these new machines. will these replace the wax pots? or are they in addition too them.
seems to slow down the process of just selling wax for coin. i understand they are just starting to be tested and implemented. i cant keep mine full of coal. can coal be mined yet?

also wondering if you chop the machine will it still have any previous stats after chopping. it seems to be some kind of leveling process, but i havnt got that far. i just plopped one on my roof. dont wanna spend to much time on it and then chop it and havto start over.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Re: wax refiner

Post by fixxer1963 »

the first half of your post is answered in Colibri's post.
As for chopping it, yes it does keep it's exp and progress.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

My question is:
Can we AFK this? Because if not... beekeeping just got nerfed to the point it is not worth doing.
And if beekeeping gets to be any more tedious, it will not be worth doing.
***EDITED*** To take out my bad attitude.
STAY OFF MY LAWN!!!
Last edited by fixxer1963 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Coli can correct me if I'm wrong but it is my understanding from what he said previously that the machines can be running while you are playing elsewhere, but not while you are asleep/not active elsewhere in the game.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

+Nyx wrote:Coli can correct me if I'm wrong but it is my understanding from what he said previously that the machines can be running while you are playing elsewhere, but not while you are asleep/not active elsewhere in the game.
Did he say this in world chat? I only see the one post in EXCELSIOR DAILY.
+Colibri wrote:Wax refiner machines are now available!

To render raw beeswax, you can now use these machines. The current wax pots are still available, but will be removed as soon as we make sure the machine is working 100% ok - a few players were testing them, but i'm sure another bug or two will come up now that everyone can have one.

Beekeepers sell the machines, as well as machine coal which is required for the machines to run. Eventually the coal will be sold on provisioners, tinkers, and obtainable by mining. There are a few more machines planned.

The machine system and the new crafting is in a technical sense part of Elysium additions, there will be more machines available there (and with the wax crafting, we're basically testing it's working, so when we come to that part, we wont get stopped by minor issues that could be resolved sooner).
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

It's something he mentioned to me when we were on a conference call when the machines were only just a twinkle in Arden's eye. I hadn't heard anything else about them until they went live.
ForrestElf
Expert Scribe

Post by ForrestElf »

Anyone know where we can get machine repair kits?

My machine is almost broken.
Sadie McKee
Adept Scribe

Post by Sadie McKee »

ForrestElf wrote:Anyone know where we can get machine repair kits?

My machine is almost broken.

I believe that they were overlooked putting them in the other day but will be put in soon I think. As for the wax refiner I think it is a great addition to the beehives and gives us extra wax to either sell or make things with. Yes your levels stay with the machine when you move it. Thank you to all of the staff for their great work on this shard it is a very enjoyable place to call home!!!
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

is there going to be a limit on how many of these things we can have running, or will it be diminishing like the beehive count.
just thinking of ways to speed it up :P in the meantime i think im gonna stockpile some wax pots. :nod:
eirenna416
Apprentice Scribe

Post by eirenna416 »

Alamiester wrote:is there going to be a limit on how many of these things we can have running, or will it be diminishing like the beehive count.
just thinking of ways to speed it up :P in the meantime i think im gonna stockpile some wax pots. :nod:

Yup, when I saw the machine need a kit to be fixed, I started stockpiling pots!
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

ive noticed the coal count has been up to 999 on most the beehive vendors. ive only found three of them, is there more?
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

I dont think there are more than the three, but many people have personal beekeepers they may be willing to share. Or of course you can buy a beekeeper vendor deed and own your very own for your house, they cost something like 100ED from the donation room.
+Arden
Elder Scribe

Post by +Arden »

Hello everyone :D, the machines are here to be used afk so you guys don't have to babysit your resource production, and can go do other things in the meantime, at the moment there is no limit on the amount of machines you can have, but if it will cause server issues we will revisit it. At the moment we are working on making coal obtainable from mining like sand/granite, the machine repair kits will be purchasable from tinkerers (we forgot to add them :/) also all levels and stats gained are stored when the machines are chopped down so you dont lose anything. we are also brainstorming a way to make levels infinite.
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

+Arden wrote:there is no limit on the amount of machines you can have [...] we are also brainstorming a way to make levels infinite.
ForrestElf
Expert Scribe

Post by ForrestElf »

I have been wondering what happen when the machine runs out of durability, will it poof or just stop working?