Re: Veteran Rewards: Status Update

Post by Elijah Ray »

This is exciting stuff!!! :D :dance
Knight of Truth [KOC] knights of Christ Guild
Sadie McKee
Adept Scribe

Post by Sadie McKee »

Thank you to each and everyone of the staff for such awesome work. Very excited about all the new things coming to our home. :D :D
mrsdeshon
Expert Scribe

Post by mrsdeshon »

We have the best SHARD!! I am so excited about all the new vet rewards, new crafting items ( and i do so love to craft :) ) This is making going to work very hard hehehe. Thank you script writers and GM's. Extraordinary jobs all . Thank you :dance
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

This sounds amazing! Cannot wait to see what is in store :)
In game name: Abarai
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

- Point values are higher for the newer rewards. Rewards for 1 year and under, as well as the 2-year polar bear mount will all still require 1 point to purchase, however all the new additions will require more than 1 point. Point costs for the new items will start at 2 points, all the way up to the most expensive item (the 15-year mount) at 12 points.

+Nyx, can you clarify this one? I've got somewhere around 93 reward selections left (I've spent 13). If a 15 year mount requires 12 points, but I'm only a 5 year vet, will I be able to purchase it? Or is it tiered eligibility? In other words, even though I've got enough points for the 15 year, I'm not eligible because I'm only 5 years in. Just wondering as this is a bit unclear. Really looking forward to these updates regardless. Thank you!
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You unlock new rewards every year, I mentioned that in the original post. So you can purchase anything that you have unlocked (your current year and below), but nothing higher.
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Will we get a sneak preview or will this be a surprise when it comes out :)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

FYI - regarding point cost for the existing under 1 year rewards - i will probably increase some of these to be a bit more than 1.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Shame about the points i've spent on "useless" stuff, would've saved em if i knew something like these was coming :? Anyways, awesome work, can't wait to see the rewards :woot:
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Well, we have said here and there throughout the years that we did plan to update vet rewards. In particular I've been mentioning it since the first patch, because I slated several mounts for this use way back then. Tsk, for being impatient ;) :lol:
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

hmm, a "trash buyback" program might be a good idea here - you can turn in the cloaks, tubs & statuettes for a refund of points - but only a limited amount, and also only as many as you could have actually bought. just an idea.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

+Colibri wrote:hmm, a "trash buyback" program might be a good idea here - you can turn in the cloaks, tubs & statuettes for a refund of points - but only a limited amount, and also only as many as you could have actually bought. just an idea.
that would be awesome :)
+Nyx wrote:Tsk, for being impatient ;) :lol:
Rahr
Elder Scribe

Post by Rahr »

Very exciting! Great work +N and all involved!
Cant wait for muh....*counting on both hands*...46th birthday :woot: 15 year reward wooo!
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

FYI - this is now being coded, will hopefully be available over the weekend.

+Arden and I also came up with an extra cool thing that will be added (it probably wont be functioning when this all comes out, but you will be able to see this addition in the veteran rewards menu so that you can decide where to spend your points).

Also, keep in mind that the new system is going to be a bit different in terms of points... currently, you get 3 pts on your 1st month and then get 1pt per month until 6 months. After that, it's 2 pts per month. The new system gives 1 point per month. With the update, you will get as many points as you should have gotten by the new system, minus as many as you already spent.

I'm thinking that for those who will be in the negative (or zero), there might be a point or two (based on age) granted during this transition, so that you can pick something... Also i wrote that buyback idea, would be quite nice but that's some extra coding so maybe for another day (would still like to add it though).

Just working on some time arithmetic that will correctly give you the annual reward on the exact date when you joined, instead of 360 days (almost a week earlier every year).

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Thinking about it, you're buyback idea might be better managed through direct staff action for a nominal cost.
Character name: Ebony