Craftarium feedback

+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Craftarium feedback

Post by +Nyx »

I approve of your dean-winchester-gif-fu :D

Anyway, I imagine those will get fixed/removed as part of rolling out the other recipe updates later on.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Gaara wrote:
Gaara wrote:Any chance of fixing the broken peerless recipes?

:lookingout:
Which ones are they?

I know acid proof rope doesn't work, for good reason. But not any others.
Character name: Ebony
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Annachie wrote:
Gaara wrote:
Gaara wrote:Any chance of fixing the broken peerless recipes?

:lookingout:
Which ones are they?

I know acid proof rope doesn't work, for good reason. But not any others.
I'll have to check the rest of the recipes
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

Overall the menu is a great idea....

I do agree with others that the other colors (Yellow / green ) are almost impossible to read and should be changed to alternative colors or maybe just put another column with the success % rather than color code it.

I dislike the timer delay .... Esp for something like Stone crafting as you can only hold on so many stones at once as they don't stack like other materials do. Perhaps you can allow it to read from the keys instead then it wont be so bad as you can tell it to make x number of them. The one thing that I want to say is that the menu is very huge and not transparent in any way such as the others so if a afk check happens while the system is processing say a "all" queue and such.

Another question is could you add the ability to target a destination of where to place the finished items? Like in a secure storage bin at your house rather than your pack?

Items are not marking name on them and the new recipe item does not have any name at all once finished (No defined generic Cliloc number associated with the item).

(+Nyx if you would like some help with editing the Cliloc file with generic default names for all of the custom graphics you have put in I would be happy to chat and help you as I do have all of the software needed to do the client edits required) ...

Otherwise I think the system is a good system....

Thanks Everyone !

Lestat
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

I just made several items out of stone, and they were all named properly.... Not sure what issue you are having with the names. Could you be more specific? (edit: I see now you specifically meant the new recipe item, I misread that).

Also, only weapons and armor may carry a makers mark. Since there are (currently) no stone weapons/armor, you won't actually be able to add a maker's mark to anything. I'm fairly certain that it was included to allow the system to expand easily at a later time.

I think the delay is excessive on item creation.
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

I also wanted to report that the Resulting Pedestals Have no weight to them.
Old Fart
Novice Scribe

Post by Old Fart »

Awesome new menu! Thanks so much to all of you who worked on it !!! :dance

The new Pedestal does not have any sort of name or id tag when hovered over with a mouse does not matter if its in pouch or locked down in a house. Not sure if this is a bug or just on my end.

Love it and cant wait for new recipe's and new menus for other craftables to come.

Ok so here is my wish/suggestion , Have the craftable small urn able to hold "essence" or ashes of slain monsters IE "Your urn holds the essence of Dragons" or even more specific "essence of Skeletal Dragon" or generic like scalable to the difficulty of the monster slain (if its easier to code) sort of like " essence of a,b,c,d etc.. lvl 1,2 3,4 monster etc... Then use those essence in new recipes found or purchased either one time for the higher lvl making them harder to obtain and therefore more valuable to make , sell, collect. and you could incorporate them into larger recipes dropped by harder monsters and chests that require other ingredients that are collected from drops.. so like a skeletal chair made from the essence of skeletal dragon and different wood and metal along with the "urn filled with the essence of a Skeletal Dragon" etc....
The sum of the whole is equal to the sum of it's parts ! However, if there are any parts left over after completing the whole then just through them away then shhhh... *(whisper) don't tell anybody....
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Gaara wrote:I'll have to check the rest of the recipes
I think there are several recipes that drop which are just blank - they don't actually contain any recipe information and can't be learned. I vaguely remember there being a handful of others besides the acid proof rope that did have recipe info defined but couldn't be crafted because their reagents weren't available, but I can't remember specifically which ones.
lestatzero wrote:(+Nyx if you would like some help with editing the Cliloc file with generic default names for all of the custom graphics you have put in I would be happy to chat and help you as I do have all of the software needed to do the client edits required) ...

Thank you for mansplaining that, but that isn't an issue at present.
Old Fart wrote:Ok so here is my wish/suggestion , Have the craftable small urn able to hold "essence" or ashes of slain monsters IE "Your urn holds the essence of Dragons" or even more specific "essence of Skeletal Dragon" or generic like scalable to the difficulty of the monster slain (if its easier to code) sort of like " essence of a,b,c,d etc.. lvl 1,2 3,4 monster etc... Then use those essence in new recipes found or purchased either one time for the higher lvl making them harder to obtain and therefore more valuable to make , sell, collect. and you could incorporate them into larger recipes dropped by harder monsters and chests that require other ingredients that are collected from drops.. so like a skeletal chair made from the essence of skeletal dragon and different wood and metal along with the "urn filled with the essence of a Skeletal Dragon" etc....
We're considering/planning to move the monster statuettes from the veteran rewards menu (along with some fun new ones) to the masonry menu as part of the vet rewards updates, and I really like your idea for collecting the essence of a monster in order to then craft something with it. +C had a similar cool idea of having players go collect recordings of the sounds the mobs make in order to craft the statuettes that make noise when you walk near them. Perhaps both ideas can be worked into the recipes for the statuettes :)
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

+Nyx wrote:
Gaara wrote:I'll have to check the rest of the recipes
I think there are several recipes that drop which are just blank - they don't actually contain any recipe information and can't be learned. I vaguely remember there being a handful of others besides the acid proof rope that did have recipe info defined but couldn't be crafted because their reagents weren't available, but I can't remember specifically which ones.
All the recipes requiring lard of paroxysmus as it doesn't spawn:
Blight Gripped Longbow
Faerie Fire
Silvani's Feywood Bow
Darkwood Crown (last piece of a craftable armor set, would love to see this one)

Also, sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread :)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Gaara wrote: Blight Gripped Longbow
Faerie Fire
Silvani's Feywood Bow
Darkwood Crown (last piece of a craftable armor set, would love to see this one)
Thanks for compiling the list. Not really a problem with this particular craft system, just that there's no lard of parox - but i'll have to check what can happen if i make that accessible.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Old Fart
Novice Scribe

Post by Old Fart »

just spitballing here, a cool idea for a recipe would be to use the urn's aforementioned in previous post filled with various essence's from horses. Like "essence of nightmare" "essence of Fire Steed" "essence of mule" unicorn or other horse breed's along with some wood, ingots, leather, clock parts ect.. and use them with the recipe to make a miniature horse carousel like an old time carnival ride that is animated so it goes around as a house deco ... or a real one you could actually mount and ride.

Also have an idea what to do with all those wooden horses that are rewards for animal taming BOD's and use the essence to make a wooden rocking horse that rocks back and forth as another house deco...?? not sure how difficult that would be to code like i said just spitballing...
The sum of the whole is equal to the sum of it's parts ! However, if there are any parts left over after completing the whole then just through them away then shhhh... *(whisper) don't tell anybody....