UOAM

Name says it all
nakedhampster
Novice Scribe

UOAM

Post by nakedhampster »

Been having an issue with UOAM. I have razor and UOAM, my character is being tracked, but the map is all black with the icons showing. Anyone know how to fix this issue? I downloaded the map files and put them into my UOAM folder, still nothing.
ksilverbow
Journeyman Scribe

Re: UOAM

Post by ksilverbow »

I am having the same issue with Steam
-------------------------------------------------------
"Peace comes when I let go of trying to control every tiny detail "
lilbear68
Master Scribe

Post by lilbear68 »

hah silverbow, I told ya to avoid them commie traps now they got ya :lool:
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

From http://uoex.net/wiki/UO_Auto_Map
Black Auto Map

Once you start UOAM, you may noticed that the maps are showing black. Click on "Maps" on the toolbar and select the "UO Client Data Files Location" which will allow you to enter the correct location of the map files. Enter in that location manually with wherever you installed UO.
eg. C:\Program Files\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard
Every so often the map may become out of sync with your player's location. Usually clicking on the map and re-selecting the facet you are on resolves this. This will eventually be updated with screenshots to better help your installation process.
nakedhampster
Novice Scribe

Post by nakedhampster »

+Requiem wrote:From http://uoex.net/wiki/UO_Auto_Map
Black Auto Map

Once you start UOAM, you may noticed that the maps are showing black. Click on "Maps" on the toolbar and select the "UO Client Data Files Location" which will allow you to enter the correct location of the map files. Enter in that location manually with wherever you installed UO.
eg. C:\Program Files\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard
Every so often the map may become out of sync with your player's location. Usually clicking on the map and re-selecting the facet you are on resolves this. This will eventually be updated with screenshots to better help your installation process.

I have tried this as well. still black...
But thank you
nakedhampster
Novice Scribe

Post by nakedhampster »

Ok, I think I got it finally. Thanky ou for your help =3
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

I didn't want to hijack your post but now that I see you got it figured out, I though it might be OK to ask a related question.

Has anyone had an issue with UOAM not refreshing what "world" you are in? Using Razor UOAM works fine but when I use UOSteam, UOAM will not change what world I'm in. I have to manually change it over so if I go to the Fan Dancer Dojo I have to manually select the world for that location. I'm at a loss on why it only happens with UOSteam.
Alibaster in game!!
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

Easy fix for the black screen if you are using Razor... might help steam, not sure.

Check your install location, look for map0.mul, map2.mul etc...

If you are missing map1 or map0 that is your problem. They are the exact same map, just have different names...

Make a copy of map0.mul and rename it to map1.mul or visaversa.

Hope that helps!
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

Thanks but I'm not having a black screen issue. When I switch from one world ot another, the map stays on the old location. I see a map just not the right one
Alibaster in game!!
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alibaster »

So i some how fixed it. I did two things at the same time. I went into the link for UOSteam and found a check box that says always run in administrator mode. I also redid all the settings in Steam. I re-selected the client executable in the folder, re-inputed the port info, etc. how it's now working. Thanks for all the advice and input.
Alibaster in game!!