Murder traps, AKA "Custom Content"

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Re: Murder traps, AKA "Custom Content"

Post by lestatzero »

If you have an issue with death in this game... Any death be it a murder trap or just a hard mob then I would suggest taking up mining in Tram around Minoc. Don't use Garg axes and bring packies ... You won't die....

If you travel to Fel expect to die. Regroup and move on ... No need whatsoever to rant about how you think its a murder trap and to want warnings of where things are.

My prayers that you recover from your death and continue on your journey here in the Lands of Excelsior.

Lestat
Abaz
Novice Scribe

Post by Abaz »

Thanks for the tons of elitism and useless consolation everybody. I plan to walk every foot of fel while stealthed. Hopefully you can all he my cries of frustration when some Orc Scout Super Sayan God shoots me from two screens away.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

and thank you for giving me a wicked name for my new death metal band

"Murder Trap"
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

No disparagement meant here, but I kinda want to name a dungeon that now. It's just so..catchy. And for anything +V is involved in, horribly accurate :lol:
Kagan
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Kagan »

The thing is..how do I post on the wiki what is dangerous? Wrong Dungeon? Paroxysmus? or if your brand new, the mongbats in Deceit? No matter how tough you are there is something out there more dangerous. If a veteran decides what is dangerous, its going to be a lot different list than the list someone new makes. Every Dungeon is dangerous...to someone. Ive lost all my gear twice I believe. At the time I thought I was ruined. when in all honesty what I had was junk lol. So I learned the hard way twice. Now its all blessed or insured. I don't go exploring without making sure there's insurance money in the bank, weapons are repaired, etc. Fel used to scare the pants off me on this shard. And it still has spots I don't like to go but if I do I usually go in expecting to die and having a retreat plan of some sorts. Hmm maybe a better plan would be to figure out how not to die in the first place but ahh well, baby steps. :D
Pheobe
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Pheobe »

To add to what Kagan said above, it's a matter of perspective as to what is difficult for who. There are also some mobs that move. I got surprise visited by the Abomination. Taken totally by surprise and this mob moves around various dungeons in Fel. So creating a list on what is where is not very easy at all. There have been many offers to show you around and give you some help exploring. Lots of friendly people always willing to come to other player's aid when stuck in a sticky situation.
Abaz
Novice Scribe

Post by Abaz »

I'm not asking for difficulty levels and a big red sign over everything that hits harder than an orc lord.

At this point I'd just like to know if there are any other entrances to Felucca that are instant death for someone with 170 hp and 50ish resists.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Abaz wrote:I'm not asking for difficulty levels and a big red sign over everything that hits harder than an orc lord.

At this point I'd just like to know if there are any other entrances to Felucca that are instant death for someone with 170 hp and 50ish resists.
If your resists are only at 50ish.. and your hit points are at 170ish... You are NOT READY for Fel.
The mob of ghosties at the main Fel entrance can probably kill you.
There are no "cheat codes" or "god mode" here, you have to build your character up, and actually play the game. If you want no challenge, play Minecraft on creative mode.
And no... this is not "elitism". This is just an old school game where you have to put in some effort. And die alot, Then die some more.

P.S. Insurance is your friend.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

First of all, be prepared to die...in all facets, because you will. Secondly, when you die unexpectedly, just call for help, you will be helped. Thirdly, using the term "murder trap" insinuates malicious intent by the staff, those godly pvper's. Lastly, you mentioned the bunnehs. They are non aggressive, so that meant you attacked them. How can that be a trap if you are the aggressor?

I do not know where you have played before and how long, but this shard is unlike any other out there. It takes some getting used to, but there is a good reason why this shard is so popular. Take the time to learn it and you will find out why.

When I first got here, I found a new place to die almost every day and none of those places were in felucca. I have been here now almost ten years and I am still dying, so you better get used to it.

Your idea to walk Fel in stealth mode is not a bad idea. I actually did it several times as a corpse with one of my alt characters. However, there is so much to explore, you still will not find all the 'traps'. I am actually glad to see you have stealth already. It will save you time and time again in recovering your gear when you die. And like we all have already said, you are going to die.

One last thing, try to keep a cool head. There are so many players here willing to help those who want to learn. But, many have little patience for those who show no patience themselves. You will get a hard time if you are perceived to be a complainer instead of one seeking a better way to play. Be positive and you will be surprised how the 'elite' will respond.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Abaz wrote:Thanks for the tons of elitism and useless consolation everybody. I plan to walk every foot of fel while stealthed. Hopefully you can all he my cries of frustration when some Orc Scout Super Sayan God shoots me from two screens away.
Did it that way for a year or so myself :)

Oh, be careful in Bedlam, that flesh eating dragon will 1 shot most people here. As will the dragon in sanctuary and the one in prism. Oh and the one in the cave near Fel Deceit.

Have I missed any?
Character name: Ebony
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Aryck wrote:I would definitely suggest to avoid the PVP dungeon if I am in there. Hope this helps.
1 vs 1 me m8
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

I totally understand where you are coming from. However there are so many different tiers of what people can handle for different reasons, playstyle, pets, gears, etc., that writing a wiki for certain content would be useless to most people that read it except for the person, and other people with the exact same stats, gear, etc. So if someone did write a guide on "MurderTraps" it may be true for some, and not others. Making it a false guide to most folks. I found it is the same for leveling weapons. I have gone through 3-4 phases where what weapon is perfect for me then, becomes out of date due to my character growing.
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

If you ain't dyin you ain't tryin!
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

This might be opening a closed wound, but I will try my best not to be elitist or pile on here. One thing I feel like people sometimes forget is the power of some of the skills you have. Animal lore will tell you a targets HPs, resists, stats and give you a good idea whether you're ready to take it on. I died a lot, for like 18 months. I would probably be considered well geared by your standards now that I'm 4-5 years in and I still sometimes die, mostly because I'm a slow learner or a courageous adventurer (not always mutually exclusive). However, my attitude for a long time was "Before I go exploring in a place, attack this mob, etc., am I prepared in the event I die?" That includes insurance, corpse/pet stone money, etc. If not, I'll come back for that another time. However, you do have tools, stealth, lore, wiki, etc. that are indicators of whether you are ready. I do agree with +Nyx about the spirit of UO being exploration and a real sense of gain and loss as that was and continues to be a defining feature of the game. Also, I've not donated for any of my gear. As someone else pointed out, all items are available for anyone and now every in game item can be set for specific currency types on venders (very nice addition). Lastly, if you see me around in-game, more than happy to pal around with you in areas you'd like to explore. Good luck to you.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Annachie wrote:Oh, be careful in Bedlam, that flesh eating dragon will 1 shot most people here. As will the dragon in sanctuary and the one in prism. Oh and the one in the cave near Fel Deceit.

Have I missed any?
Some one hitters and close to one hitters Ebony: Chief Paroxysmus, Dreadmare, Tokuno Champ Boss, Doc Apoc, Blood Clan Champ Boss, Hydras in Prism, etc.