The Thin Blue Line Memorial

Name says it all
AcidBern
Elder Scribe

The Thin Blue Line Memorial

Post by AcidBern »

For those who may be wondering, or who have already stopped by. I have built a "Thin Blue Line Memorial" This monument has been built in memory and support of all Law Enforcement Officers across the globe who have given their lives to serve and protect, as well as those who continue to serve.

This site was created with quite a few donations from people on the shard, particularly in regards to the uni dye tubs. There are 48 blocks in total, each costing 30k per to build. The guards at the site are selling thin blue line bandaids to cover the cost of these blocks. Once 48 have been sold, I will not continue to sell the bandaids (these are not for profit). The site will remain indefinitely since it has been paid for by donations.

There are several npc "actors" at the site who are actual vendors with items for sale. There is a world teleporter here for one, possibly 2 weeks at the most. There is an inbox at the memorial if you would like to drop off "flowers" or "candles" or "cards/books". I will put these items out around the memorial. (Please no decorative plants, as they are too big and clutter the area too much to put out). There is a book locked down of particular interest that was left in the inbox. The author is unknown to me, but the message was well written.

Feel free to message me with any questions!
MARX
Journeyman Scribe

Re: The Thin Blue Line Memorial

Post by MARX »

I thought the shard was above politics or can we all push our own sociopolitical agendas?
Remember kids its dangerous to be right when the gods of UO are wrong
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

MARX wrote:I thought the shard was above politics or can we all push our own sociopolitical agendas?
Your post was inappropriately aggressive. If you have a complaint, send a page. As it happens, we give out commemorative gifts on memorial day and recognize various other holidays based in either politics or religion, but which are not in and of themselves controversial matters that would exclude them from being eligible for shard discussion. If a player chooses to build a memorial to those who serve, that is their prerogative. There are a few similar memorials already in existence on the shard which were mentioned publicly when opened, this is no different.

How I, as an admin, would determine the difference between an appropriate & an inappropriate memorial for public advertisement or mention on this shard:
Appreciating / recognizing those who serve their country: OK
Commenting upon / memorializing political movements: Not OK
Memorializing / recognizing natural disasters or national tragedies: OK
A shrine to support a political candidate: Not OK
+Veritas
Administrator

Post by +Veritas »

MARX wrote:I thought the shard was above politics or can we all push our own sociopolitical agendas?
So where is the politics in honoring the lives of those who died maintaining order in community? How about for those who are still getting up to go to work to maintain order in places where there are groups of people who are actively inciting anger towards them?

What exactly did you get from that reply? Do you feel better about something or more relevant in some way?

+V

P.S. Like your signature. You must have incredible back strength carrying that disdain.
-{Excelsior Shard Administrator, and Death Event Extraordinaire}-

May the BODs be ever in your favor!
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Acid I cannot promise I won't drop off decorative plants :lool:
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Sounds to me like someone who went and got a new ip so they could return to excelsior and try to tell people what they can or cant do....also sounds like someone has a grudge against the uo gods...wonder which one? thats what i get from the comment and the sig combined...just sayin. Hope thiz comment aint one of those sociopolitical agenda thingymabobs.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
AcidBern
Elder Scribe

Post by AcidBern »

I would like to thank everyone for all the donations of books and items. Only 18 more thin blue line bandaids will be sold. Also thank you to Ellewyn, and Rioden for your donations, i turned the money and tubs into the Thin Blue Line Tree.

Thanks everyone for the support!!
AcidBern
Elder Scribe

Post by AcidBern »

Once again. Thank you everyone for the kind words and the donations to the Thin Blue Line Memorial. Enough memorial bandaids have been sold to cover all of the blocks, so I have removed them from the guards. The site will remain exactly as it is indefinitely. I want to give a special thanks to Ellewyn who donated enough to build a Think Blue Line tree which is now at the site. There is no longer a world teleporter here, but if you want to come visit, just head to "The Emporium Strikes Back - JDI Vendors" on the world tele. Then simply go north between the houses, you will find it in the open field. Thanks again everyone for your support!!