Pet Breeding

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Noxivius
Passer by

Pet Breeding

Post by Noxivius »

Not sure if this is the best forum to place a question, I've been trying to find a UO server with pet breeding that can breed without a second person. Can I breed pets solo here?
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Re: Pet Breeding

Post by Annachie »

Yes*

*Some pets will require more pet ownership slots than you have, since you need 2 pets to breed and you only start with 5 slots. Ridable spiders come to mind. Those pets will require 2 people, or for you to purchase additional pet slots via ED's.
Character name: Ebony
Noxivius
Passer by

Post by Noxivius »

I figured as much with the 3+ animals. Excellent thank you for the reply!
Pheobe
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Pheobe »

Also keep in mind there is only so many solo attempts you can make in a specific period of time. From the wiki on breeding "Max of 2 Breeds per Character per 12 hours".
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

its actually 2 breeds per character per 6 hours. i don't know why the wiki doesn't have such an important bit of information i only found out about it months after i started breeding.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

culichi wrote:its actually 2 breeds per character per 6 hours. i don't know why the wiki doesn't have such an important bit of information i only found out about it months after i started breeding.
Yep. When a breed fails you have to wait 12 hours before you can retry those parents. That's where the 12 hours comes from.

However, number of animals recently bred factors in to the probability of your next success. So the more frequently you try, the more likely you get failed breeds each try. Not sure if that factor is per-character or per-account. I haven't failed breeding two gen 1's together, yet, but I've failed some easy breeds when the recent breeds are stacked up in my bank box.