Shard down?

Name says it all
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Shard down?

Post by Honus »

Did the shard go down? I lost connection and cannot be back in. It says could not connect. Yes i checked my email/password.

on the portal.uoex.net on the chat tab is says 'chat disabled'. Dont know if there is any relation there.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Shard down?

Post by +Colibri »

Yes it crashed a bit before you asked in public chat (over portal i assume). But it was online ever since, so you should be able to connect. Perhaps something got stuck, i recommend that you close & restart the client completely (i noticed sometimes after a restart, i have to close the client before i can re-connect). You can also try to restart the computer, but if it doesn't work even then, I'm out of ideas (in that case, email me at colibri@uoex.net) and we'll troubleshoot this.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Shard down?

Post by Honus »

I restarted my PC and noticed that Norton Internet Security's Firewall setting had blocked the client when I relaunched it. This occurred after the patch - probably because the new client.exe file has not been used enough or submitted for validation. I just allowed it in the Firewall config settings and can connect fine now. Thanks for responding though!