Provoke leveling

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Treldar
Novice Scribe

Provoke leveling

Post by Treldar »

Is there an easy way to level provocation? Im at skill 32.4 and been trying to provoke cow and hinds and farm animals and im lucky to get a gain every 10 minutes on top of not being able to script it, because the animals kill each other. Am I missing something?
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Re: Provoke leveling

Post by Opopanax »

I think if you go somewhere where the animals are separated by a barrier you can carry on doing it without them killing each other. i.e. the moonglow zoo or animal pens at farms? You may need to tame one and release it the other side of the bars if nothing is in range. I haven't leveled provocation myself, so someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was how people did it.
In game name: Abarai
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

The wiki tells you how to get to the 90's easily. Then it's hard.
kurganwins
Journeyman Scribe

Post by kurganwins »

I'm in the same boat as u, I'm working on leveling provoke as well. I started off buying provoke from trainer, then working the Moonglow Zoo. In the back of the Zoo there are some tentacle/vines think they are called corpsers. Some of these vines move around and some are stationary, target two of the ones that do not move, this will get you quiet aways. Next, I did giant beetles this took me to about mid-eighties. I would tame them then make sure they could not attack each other then release them, then start provoking them. From their I worked on Wyverns on Wyvern Isle via boat to mid-nineties. Now from doing some searching and reading there is a thread that many have GM'ed provoke in Fel at Trinsic off the dead vendors. I have went there and for a new player it can b dangerous, so probably best thing to do is to gather some vendors up and provoke from a boat, unless there is some sweet spot u can safely provoke from. This is where I'm at now all post an update. I know this thread is tad old, but maybe it will help someone else, and if someone can add to this it would be appreciated. Thank you

Follow up the Trinsic experiment was a fail. at 95.7 provoke I could not get a success or gain from provoking vendors, so either the post was wrong or can no longer be done. Going back to the wiki will try plague beasts and see.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

kurganwins wrote:I have went there and for a new player it can b dangerous, so probably best thing to do is to gather some vendors up and provoke from a boat, unless there is some sweet spot u can safely provoke from.
well in fact there is a marginally sweet spot you can use without the boat.. the river on the south side of town often has undead spawning on either side, you can often thin any herding mobs out enough that you can be relatively safe provoking undead on opposite sides of the river. It only takes two
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
kurganwins
Journeyman Scribe

Post by kurganwins »

Thank you at what point would u use this area at my current skill level I was getting no gain. Thank you