FREE GRIZZLY ADAMS

Name says it all
GrizzlyAdams
Passer by

FREE GRIZZLY ADAMS

Post by GrizzlyAdams »

Hello everyone, I was recently jailed 24 hours ago for apperantly a private message that was SONG LYRICS from lil whyte;s song Oxycotin, I was jailed for this because my former guildmaster said that i swear and talk about drugs. So the Game masters search all my logs and private messages and find one where i was reciting song lyrics and jail me for they say (attepmting to sell drugs) this is rediulious. I have sent 3 emails to admins, Several pages in game. And i was told i had to wait for the admin. Please agree with me that this is UNJUST and i have done nothing nor broken any rules at all. I am a Donator on this server and I help SEVERAL new players get started and bring people to this server. Please Stand Behind me on this matter. It is not right :verymad:
Johnny Leviathon
Adept Scribe

Re: FREE GRIZZLY ADAMS

Post by Johnny Leviathon »

2. Language:
a. Keep chat clean - no cussing, arguing, harrasing, adult material/situations, etc.
b. No racial/religious/national/ethnical slurs are tolerated. We do not allow promotion of drug abuse.

This is section 2 A and B of the codex. If you were reciting song lyrics which contained adult material, drugs, swear words etc then you legitimately broke the rules and hence deserved the jail time. Sorry but I cannot stand behind you in your defense if the PM you sent was of this nature. You seem to have offended someone and staff deemed it of an offensive nature and breaking the codex. Staff are 99.8% fair and do their best to make sure to keep chat, PM's etc. clean. Also, I have personally seen you in chat swearing and said nothing because it is not my job to be a tattle tell, I leave it up to staff to monitor these things, as it is their position to make these decisions.

Furthermore, it is only 24 hours, no big deal. Suck it up and deal with it. I am also a donator and have been jailed before, did my time and moved on.

I wish you luck and safe travels.

DEBOnair.

Fate Whispers to the Warrior,
"You Cannot Withstand the Storm,"
and the Warrior Whispers Back,
"I am the Storm."
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

Being a donator does not make you exempt from the rules, if it did then most of the shard would be immune to punishment. As Debonair said, swearing and drug references are not permitted on this shard. Private messages only protect you from so much, the staff don't make it a habit of reading PMs but if someone reported you for offensive behavior then yes they will check your chat logs including PMs. Sorry Grizzly, I think you are going to have to do your time on this one and perhaps be more careful what you say and to who you say it to in the future. :/
GrizzlyAdams
Passer by

Post by GrizzlyAdams »

I never said anyting Offensive to anyone, Song lyrics that said a few things about pharmacutical drugs half i take because of my cancer, it was a joke. And the only reason the GMS are reading my PMS is because the guildmaster said that I talked about them. When in reality Telenos and Belken talk about smoking weed everyday and PM and Guildchat. So i never offended anyone. The guildmaster reported me and they checked all of my pms without even asking me why i said what i said. The whole thing is a joke i never offended anyone. And i dont have a sentence yet the gm that put me there said he could posssibly ban me, how is that even possible? I see worse things said in public chat everyday and in general chat. I have done nothing wrong nor broken any rules.
GrizzlyAdams
Passer by

Post by GrizzlyAdams »

And to you Johnny i was harassed for 3 days by my guildmaster for calling him greedy and i quit his guild. He sent profanity, also harassment saying he was planning on trying to get me banned. And Him nor any other guild members who have said things in private messages are in jail. So why just me? explain that. Requieum said they are INVESTIGATING so how long does taht take and shouldnt the other partys involved be in there as well? The rule states if i OFFENDED anyone and i never did any such thing. This post was from 3 weeks ago. How does it even have any precidence. I am being targeted for some reason because the game masters and admins dont like me and i never did anything to anyone. IM the victim here.
GrizzlyAdams
Passer by

Post by GrizzlyAdams »

I never harassed, swore, said any kind of religoous or racial slurs AT ALL. We were talking about a song in skype and i PM ed a portion of the song to Telenos and it didnt offend him in any way. MY Former guildmaster was the one who was harasssing me and swearing at me for 3 days he got a slap on the hand then I end up in jail for this stupid song lyric post from 3 weeks before hand. Why dont the GM;s Read everyones potss then and maby get my side of the story before jailing me and leaving me there with no ablitly to page gms. I emalied the admin twice with no repsnose. This is a big joke and they know they are wrong for doing it and dont care. THIS IS NOT JUSTICE
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

You're not permitted to use the forums while in jail and your forum account has been temporarily banned until the matter is resolved.

As I told you yesterday, and as +R told you after that - +C is the one who jailed you and you must wait for him to discuss the matter with you, none of us outrank him and none of us will overturn, diminish, or even remotely change a punishment he handed out. I do know that he has more to investigate regarding your behavior on the shard, but to be honest, the way you have behaved and treated the staff, as well as your forum post does not weigh well in your favor and you're much more likely to receive a heavier punishment now.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

There is a correct way, and an incorrect way to handle issues especially with other players.

If you felt you were being harassed, you should have brought that to our attention as it was happening, not after it was done. I haven't been on much lately due to personal issues, so perhaps you did do this, and if you did, then it will be part of +C investigation, and part of his decision on what to do from here.

Ranting and raving both in game, and on the forums is giving him more to read through, makes you look bad, and will delay a response. It takes longer to read 10 pages than it does to read 2. The more you go on and on about how unfairly you are being treated, the longer it is going to take.

You say other people deserve punishments. These things will come out as +C is looking into everything. They will be dealt with in their own time, and you trying to rush it, is only delaying things even further.

Also, bad behavior won't make your sentence lighter. Insulting me personally, and the other staff will only add on jail tasks to your sentence, or add a reason to ban you.

Your best bet is to stop behaving like a child, and wait for +C to do his investigation, and get back with you with whatever decision he makes.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Also, a good thing to remember: playing here is a privilege, not a right. +C can ban anybody, at any time, for any reason whatsoever. He wouldn't, without reason, which is a good thing. However, when you repeatedly give him reasons to apply punishments, then he's going to do so, and eventually that will earn you a ban.

You've had a history of being a problem for the staff and the shard, and this incident - in which if you'd simply been patient and explained your side of things to +C when he comes to talk to you again, you'd probably have been let off with little to no punishment at all - has shown that you are not fitting into uoex very well. When you first paged about your jailing, you claimed you never said anything about drugs. When I pointed out where you had, you said it was song lyrics, and when I said that +c put you there and you'd have to wait for him to explain that, you flipped out and began to berate and curse at us, throw tantrums in pages until we had to squelch you, then have been spamming filth in local chat and came to the forums to take it even further.

Your incident with your guildmaster was a separate issue, we had already been investigating the drug discussions that you frequently bring up on the shard. Which I told you both yesterday. The reason he is not in jail is the same reason you weren't jailed yesterday at that time - because I told you both I wouldn't jail you for your MUTUAL harassment of one another, so long as it stopped. You both deserved jail for it, and I guess that's my bad for being kind to either of you, as you've both been nasty to me about it since then.

In the end, it's never a smart decision to further antagonize any issue you have with the staff. If we tell you that you've gotta wait for +C, you should wait patiently and not pursue the issue further until you can talk to him directly. All of this drama is just childish and does nothing but add to your punishment once +C sees it all.
Mallam
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Mallam »

song lyrics are art.

This sounds ridiculous

up with hope :lool:

down with dope. :twisted:

everyone happy?

:dance
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

I love the whole I didn't offend anyone stance. How can anyone possibly know how someone else feels about something.
Johnny Leviathon
Adept Scribe

Post by Johnny Leviathon »

GrizzlyAdams wrote:And to you Johnny i was harassed for 3 days by my guildmaster for calling him greedy and i quit his guild. He sent profanity, also harassment saying he was planning on trying to get me banned. And Him nor any other guild members who have said things in private messages are in jail. So why just me? explain that. Requieum said they are INVESTIGATING so how long does taht take and shouldnt the other partys involved be in there as well? The rule states if i OFFENDED anyone and i never did any such thing. This post was from 3 weeks ago. How does it even have any precidence. I am being targeted for some reason because the game masters and admins dont like me and i never did anything to anyone. IM the victim here.

How do you know specifically YOU did'nt offend anyone? If you hadn't offended anyone then you wouldnt have this issue correct?

Fate Whispers to the Warrior,
"You Cannot Withstand the Storm,"
and the Warrior Whispers Back,
"I am the Storm."
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

remember his forum account is already locked up
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Aryck
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Aryck »

I feel like what happens privately between two players is their business. Sad that this shard punishes people for things said in private. I really like this shard, but this is just a sad example of several issues with it.

It would be one thing if his guildmaster said directly that was inappropriate talk and he continued with it, or if it was said in public as this shard doesn't allow free speech. However, I think private speech between two consenting people should be a different matter, even if one party gets a grudge after the fact.

I understand there may be some facts missing here, but the issue is larger than what is happening here in this instance. I know you guys want to control everything, but barring special circumstances far more important than this, such as harrassment or bullying, I think we should all be able to expect SOME privacy. This seems like a grudge and the admins were the hitmen.

Again, just my opinion.
+Veritas
Administrator

Post by +Veritas »

Aryck wrote:This seems like a grudge and the admins were the hitmen
694.png
694.png (43.83 KiB) Viewed 4339 times
Aryck wrote:...a grudge...
694-2.jpg
694-2.jpg (11.09 KiB) Viewed 4350 times
Aryck wrote:...admins were the hitmen...
694-3.jpg
694-3.jpg (4.89 KiB) Viewed 4344 times
..Okay so...sigh.

Never mind.

+V
-{Excelsior Shard Administrator, and Death Event Extraordinaire}-

May the BODs be ever in your favor!