Valentine's Day Quest 2016

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Johnny Leviathon
Adept Scribe

Re: Valentine's Day Quest 2016

Post by Johnny Leviathon »

Love the V-Day quest, Thanks +Nyx.

Fate Whispers to the Warrior,
"You Cannot Withstand the Storm,"
and the Warrior Whispers Back,
"I am the Storm."
Kitana
Expert Scribe

Post by Kitana »

Yet another great holiday quest with awesome prizes! Thanks staff!
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Honus wrote:I started the quest, got book 2 and then went to bed. Came back and it looks like the purify drop disappeared. I am not sure how to proceed. Any thoughts?
The white cone? It simply gives you a lil stat boost, not required to complete the quest :)
biscuit
Passer by

Post by biscuit »

a quick suggestion to players: if you can help it, please don't stand right at entrances where there's no option but to walk through you. i've lost several cherubs to others because they aggro'd them when i tried to drag them out to fight. also please don't leave your pets sitting at entrances, they have stolen my cherubs as well :P

edit: nevermind lol :wink:

speaking of pets, we're not supposed to be using them on cherubs, right? i took "pets disabled in combat areas" to mean that we shouldn't be using them at all to fight cherubs (even if we drag them to a hallway), is this correct?

anyway, the quest is great, thanks +nyx for putting it together :mrgreen:
Last edited by biscuit on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Correct, pets shouldn't be used. I'll add some stuff that will delete the cherubs if they approach the no-pet zone line. Sad that people can't just enjoy the spirit of a quest and instead have to try and manipulate it.
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Question: did the first part fine, went to wisp dungeon and found a cherub and promptly chugged the potion thing and forgot my scripts weren't running so I hightailed it out of there...only to continually be stung by insects and other things that go bump in the night. Amusingly this actually killed me when I went afk (ha blazin' healer wasn't blazin enough I guess?).
I guess that's something we have to deal with until we finish up cherrubs?

-Iago
RaeZon
Expert Scribe

Post by RaeZon »

First and foremost, +Nyx, I hope you're feeling better.

Second, I'm having a lot of fun with the quest, although it's a lot easier for me...it has been a fun group activity in which we can help some of our newer members, or just meet and help some of our fellow players of Excelsior.

Lastly, I want to steal some of the colorful trees for my house xD haha

Happy questing to you all, and may the rewards be in your favor. =)
The Chosen One - Alt IGN: Thomas Marshal
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

biscuit wrote:a quick suggestion to players: if you can help it, please don't stand right at entrances where there's no option but to walk through you. i've lost several cherubs to others because they aggro'd them when i tried to drag them out to fight. also please don't leave your pets sitting at entrances, they have stolen my cherubs as well :P

speaking of pets, we're not supposed to be using them on cherubs, right? i took "pets disabled in combat areas" to mean that we shouldn't be using them at all to fight cherubs (even if we drag them to a hallway), is this correct?

anyway, the quest is great, thanks +nyx for putting it together :mrgreen:
I have done this quest a few times with other players who were not partied with me. All we did was fight the same cherubs and we both got credit. So if you lose aggro to someone else fight it anyways, you'll still get the kill. :)
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Iago Venport wrote:Question: did the first part fine, went to wisp dungeon and found a cherub and promptly chugged the potion thing and forgot my scripts weren't running so I hightailed it out of there...only to continually be stung by insects and other things that go bump in the night. Amusingly this actually killed me when I went afk (ha blazin' healer wasn't blazin enough I guess?).
I guess that's something we have to deal with until we finish up cherrubs?

-Iago
Cast fireball on yourself :)
biscuit
Passer by

Post by biscuit »

I have done this quest a few times with other players who were not partied with me. All we did was fight the same cherubs and we both got credit. So if you lose aggro to someone else fight it anyways, you'll still get the kill. :)
ahh ok i wasn't able to test it out myself. i was more concerned that the person would be taking more damage/not need the extra cherub and i'd be annoying them lol! thanks for the info :)

and thanks +nyx for the super fast response/fix :)
Celeztien
Passer by

Post by Celeztien »

As usual the powers that be have created a HOLIDAY quest that is only for veteran players with jacked up gear and stats. would be nice to see a special quest that is doable by all players on shard
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

There are at each quest something for all players. For sure if you go straight into the cherub room you might get killed. If you need help i'm sure some vets will be able to help heal or attack. Its all about strategy. Not just running in and kill all. Pm me if you need help !

Drakis
In-game name: Drakis.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Celeztien wrote:As usual the powers that be have created a HOLIDAY quest that is only for veteran players with jacked up gear and stats. would be nice to see a special quest that is doable by all players on shard
I think a lot of the problem is one's own attitude. If you go in there without being careful, die, and your immediate response is to blame the staff for not gift-wrapping a quest tailored to your specific play style and capabilities, then you'll find you're always unhappy with the content here (and probably anywhere). If your gear isn't crazy good, then yes there will be challenges. You'll likely have to stop and think about what you're doing, check out the other cherub locations to see which one is best suited for your ability level, or get help from other players. I purposefully make these quests in such a way that players can assist one another quite easily. The cherubs are difficult, primarily because they're in open areas where several can aggro a player who isn't careful. That's where playing intelligently will come in, and/or seeking assistance. The quest is in no way tailored to veteran players, whose gear is so far above the level for this quest that if it weren't for the rewards and amusing story, it would be very boring for them.

In the future, when you experience difficulties with content, instead of coming to the forums to complain and make blanket, offensively untrue statements, try looking at the situation in a different way - in terms of how you can defeat it, rather than how you're letting it defeat you.
Maze Scarlethart
Master Scribe

Post by Maze Scarlethart »

Celeztien wrote:As usual the powers that be have created a HOLIDAY quest that is only for veteran players with jacked up gear and stats. would be nice to see a special quest that is doable by all players on shard
That statement is a little unfair wouldn't you say? The Fall Harvest Quest was made for all players on the shard with minimal fighting and what fighting there was, was very easy. The quest was also very boring so I'm glad that every holiday quest isn't tailored to super new players. There was also the Artistic Elf quest that was made for lower geared players... sure you couldn't just run in and one shot everything and you actually had to use your brain but it was pretty easy.

The Cupid Quest is even easier than the Artistic Elf quest! It is not a long questline, you do not have to steal a ton of items, there are no items to collect off of the mobs and all you have to do is go in when there are others fighting the cherubs and fight whatever the other people are fighting and you will get credit for the kills too. The over-all reward for completing the quest 30 times is a nice seasonal gear piece... were you expecting to get it with little effort?

The staff put alot of effort and time into making these quests for us, have a little respect.
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

When i first joined UOEX almost a year ago I myself had a really hard time with the ongoing Quest Events. Still i was totaly under powered so i skipped a few. After a while i got good enough so i could tackle them one by one as they came and i kept growing and growing. Now i simply go trough like a breeze. Still last night i did help out lower level players with providing healing/resurrection if needed. I didnt tank out everything so they could get the kills easily. gotta work for the reward... otherwise... what's the point ? this is one thing i like about UOEX tough. Stuff keep coming and there's always more and more. We, as players, cannot simply ask GM's Admins, or The President to mouth feed us all the content. Anyway, making friends ingame and tackling difficult tasks is the whole idea of an MMO anyway.

Those are my thoughts and i'd like to thanks all the GM's/Admin's for making UOEX what it is... a friendly happy shardly place.

Keep playing because you enjoy it not because you have to.

P.S.: I am not answering any previous post here... simply stating my own opinion. :dance