Those 5xThis and 4xThat weapons

Name says it all
Tattersail
Master Scribe

Those 5xThis and 4xThat weapons

Post by Tattersail »

So all those weapons with 4-6x40-whatever I see people spamming the chat with all the time, where do they come from..? I mean I assume some will be crafted, why else would anyone spam the newbie boxes with 50 yumis or swords of some kind...

But the non-crafted with those stats, do you find them like that or is there some process you go through to turn an 'ordinary' drop into something pre-epic and if so what? (just so I know what to be on the lookout for when I check corpses, cause atm I'm killing Balroks and getting pretty shitty loot drops...But if the good weapons started out as semi-crappy loot drops, I'd like to know which ones to keep)
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Re: Those 5xThis and 4xThat weapons

Post by Yoda »

first off you may want to edit ur post and fix the linguistic color..

anyway good base weapons are a rare drop off of peerless bosses & sub bosses mostly..

the monsters of twisted weald, occasionally swoops often will drop something decent, but mostly the bosses themselves.. lady mel, travesty, monsterous interred grizzle, shimmering effusion, dreadhorn do the dropping of a good base

what you will see is 3x 4x and 5x of a particular stat at 38%, 46%, or 58% those are the custom weapon drops.. and the big weapons start off as a base of one of those types usually a 3 or 4 x 46 or a 3 or 4 by 58

finding the properties in a usefull combination ie: fireball or lightning, mana leech, hit lower defense (my favorite combo) is very rare as are the drops themselves, it takes alot of hunting, and luck (not game luck the real life phenonomena) to get something decent.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Tattersail
Master Scribe

Re: Those 5xThis and 4xThat weapons

Post by Tattersail »

Cool thanks, I was having some trouble explaining what I meant in the chat...Glad you could clear that up for me :D