UO Auto Map problems

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Fiernocht
Legendary Scribe

Re: UO Auto Map problems

Post by Fiernocht »

okay, try this. instead of using a sextant. go to the throne in lord british's castle in britan. input the coords of 0 0N, 0 0W in the calibrate feature...you have to be sitting on the throne though or it will not work... if that dosent fix it im not sure..
“No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.”
― C.G. Jung
bluey
Apprentice Scribe

Post by bluey »

I cant calibrate tho ? as soon as I press on the calibrate button I get the error I posted. Do you think it may be worth uninstalling auto map and reinstalling ? TIA
JimTheDM
Elder Scribe

Post by JimTheDM »

It might work, its worth a shot.
Jamkul
Guild Master
Ghost Walkers Guild (GW)
bluey
Apprentice Scribe

Post by bluey »

Reinstalled and still get the same error :(
Old Fart
Novice Scribe

Post by Old Fart »

I had the very same issue with a black screen even after following this forum/ post /guide/instructions ...

I'm using window 8 so I started by opening windows "File explorer" and located the installed UO files under
"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard" which is where I installed the UO program by highlighting the path.
Next, at the top of the page on the left hand side in windows 8 there is a "copy path " button, so I clicked on the button to copy the path.( I was having difficulty using the right click and copy feature for this task)
Next step, I opened UOAM and ran it as an administrator per the guide's instruction here.
Next, clicked onto the "map" tab, then clicked on the ""UO data files location settings " in the drop down menu
Next, unchecked the box that says to have uoam find the file location automatically
Next, past the copied UO file location by right clicking the box provided for you to write down the location.
Next, synced the UO character i wanted to track and It did not work :(
Next, I DELETED the quotation marks before and after the path string like this ....
pasted it like this
"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard"
deleted the quote marks like this
C:\Program Files\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard
and voila, once I was blind and now I can see... instantly got the map to work. hope this little tidbit helps someone.
The sum of the whole is equal to the sum of it's parts ! However, if there are any parts left over after completing the whole then just through them away then shhhh... *(whisper) don't tell anybody....