Please can someone help

Name says it all
Faeya
Apprentice Scribe

Please can someone help

Post by Faeya »

I just got my computer back and I installed Excelsior.. But when i try to get into game I am getting this message.

There is a problem communicating with Origin. Please start Ultima Online and try again.

Even thru Razor i am getting this message.. I am not sure where my lines are crossed and i can not access the game. Can anyone walk me thru a solution please.

Thank you for your time
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Re: Please can someone help

Post by Opopanax »

I'm not at my computer at home, but it sounds like the server address and port might be wrong, have you set them to excelsior?

Shard address is shard.uoex.net port 60. Without being at home though can't remember exactly where you put this info, might be in a text file in the uo folder or razor or click a settings button on the razor start screen.
In game name: Abarai
Faeya
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Faeya »

Yes I have all that.

I somehow managed to get into the game. I did not change anything from before. But now i am back to can not access Options in the game. It is not writing my profile info.. So I can not even save my screen setup when i log I get an error.. And I know a few of you tried to help me with that before. Now it is doing it on two systems here at this house.. I am not sure why at all.. Would anyone maybe have an idea as to why it will not save that.

this is the error and yes the slashes do go both ways I did not write it wrong..

" Could not create directory: C:\Program Files\Ultima Online - Excelsior Shard\Desktop/Faeya/Excelsior/Faeya:

I dunno why I am getting this does anyone have a single Idea?

Thank you so much for your time and help
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The "Problem communicating with Origin" means (usually) that you are actually trying to create a new account, but there already exists an account with your current IP, and it's not letting you create multiple accounts.
In your case, it's probably that you mistyped your username, I've also seen an accidental space at the end or start of the username.

As for your second issue - this Self-Extract EXE (prepatched client) is a bit problematic since it's not a correctly installed program, and windows isn't letting it write to the protected folder Program Files.
If you can, try one of these:
A: Run client.exe as administrator.
B: Move the whole client folder to a non-protected system location: your D: drive if you have it, or your desktop folder, maybe worth trying out C:\ProgramData ?
(It's pre-millenial design doesn't work with the new security features of WinVista/Win7/Win8).

I hope that works.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Faeya
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Faeya »

Should I put my Razor there with it as well?
Faeya
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Faeya »

I tried it.. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate ...

It did not work outta any of it.. But I can atleast get into game so that is a plus..

Thank you
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Post by tiggerjlk »

Right click on the folder C:\Program Files\Ultima Online, and select properties. Click on security. In a white box should be a full list of users under "Group or Usernames" (such as Administration, system, etc), When you click on your name, does it say you have full control of the folder? Pretty much every Permission should be check marked.

If not, you can create a new user called "everyone." Give the "everyone" user full control of the folder. It will give you full control by default. If you need help with that, let me know.
Soylentgreen
Faeya
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Faeya »

yep i am all set.. Still not working. But atleast i can get in the game which is a good things