Name says it all
Will the Ronin
Passer by

Lost Samurai Quest

Post by Will the Ronin »

This was posted roughly 8 years ago:

"Postby +Colibri on Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:59 am

The samurai quest is in:
You need to find a ghost that wishes to restore a family's honor, you will find him in a house on crane marsh in tokuno. Every time he comes, he get's killed, so to talk to him, you need to protect him agains the evil creatures around.

After that, you continue the quest at yomotsu mines, you need to get the key, and give it to the prisoner there - he will give you a reward.

Also, the prison guards (6 of them in the mines), drop tokuno arties.
There's 2 artifacts that can be gotten only with this quest, but i'll let you find that yourself."

Is this quest still active? and if so, what are the two artifacts that are only available from this quest? I have not found any information about this quest anywhere...
Will the Ronin
Passer by

Re: Lost Samurai Quest

Post by Will the Ronin »

Also, I did talk to the ghost in the Crane Marsh, then headed to the Yomotsu Mines and spoke to Ikasmraw, and killed more samurai warlords within the cave than I can count. None have dropped a key. Is there an aspect of this quest that I am missing?
MARX
Journeyman Scribe

Post by MARX »

Probably the patience part.
Remember kids its dangerous to be right when the gods of UO are wrong
Will the Ronin
Passer by

Post by Will the Ronin »

Perhaps I had just enough patience.. I finally got the key after killing roughly 150 of them. Had no idea that's where you could get the Headband of Power, or that if you traded it to the ghost you'd get the Earrings of Spirituality. I did notice that some of the warlords had minor tokuno artifacts on them. One of the artifacts on one of the bodies was The Destroyer. This item is unique in that it cannot be traded to gain a greater Tokuno artifact.
venus
Apprentice Scribe

Post by venus »

What are the earrings of spirituality?
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Earrings of Spirituality have 10% lower mana cost and 10% lower reagent cost, faster casting 1. Nice addition to your 100% LRC suit that you use for mage training. Otherwise pretty useless.

The Headband of Power that you get from the samurai and trade for the earrings is more useful. 15% DI, 12% HCI, 10% reflect, +10 str, 30% SSI and some resists.
Will the Ronin
Passer by

Post by Will the Ronin »

I agree with Wil. The headband is more useful, depending on your play style of course. I do like the lower mana cost, especially when it comes to spamming flamestrike from a distance. I have yet to see if the quest is repeatable. If so, I plan on getting(and keeping) the headband this time.