Advice on dex gear/str

Name says it all
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Advice on dex gear/str

Post by Opopanax »

I’ve been acquiring Dex gear for a while now and I am in the position where I almost have 150 base dex and the following items. Hunters headdress, stitcher’s mittens, jackals, batwings, and dex on weap. With jewellery I can get to 220 dex.

I mostly use angel form anyway as it gives dex and dmg boost from extra strength, so can afford to loose some dex. I’m not capped on DI and my Str is 125 as I have no relayers and it will probably be a while before I do!

Is it advisable to swtich out the hat for SOT or gloves for gauntels of nobility for better damage output (which should still give me 220 dex in angel form) or should I keep what I have and save for something like a BC to relayer when the time eventually comes?

Is having 20 str more worth the 2 mil or so for a SOT?

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated!
In game name: Abarai
korndogg
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Advice on dex gear/str

Post by korndogg »

Honestly, I would make the decision to turn in for high str gear. I don't have 220 dex. I think I walk around with approx 185 dex. I too make the bump when I need by using angel form. I do have 2 relayers so I have more HP than you, but Im in a similar boat. I just traded in my hunters headress for a SoT. I paid 1.5mil for it. If you can find one for that, Id take it. But 2 mil is still fair. I also have enhance potions on my relayers and a ring with 75% enhance pots. So if I'm in a bind and need an immediate resolution, I can drink a dex pot. See what one of those does for you, and it may take you to where you need in an emergency.

Consider the trade off. SoT is nice because of the 20 str. If I traded anything, it would be that. See how that works and go from there. Next piece just depends on how much dex you lose opposed to str you gain.
Randy Marsh
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Shindaril »

Personally, I prefer hard 220+ dex from base stat + items. I find that angelic usually runs out during the worst moments and would require re-casting to get the instant heal back. Also with the angelic timer bug, if you ever cast it again to get rid of the form, it won't reset the timer, but continues from how long was left since the last transformation, it can get annoying or worse.

Anyway, I'm currently at non-meddable armor set with Jackal's Collar and Gauntlets of Nobility. No re-layers, 221 dex and 286 hp. I could optimize that to 296 hp, if I were willing to pay around 3-4 mil to upgrade my royal hive robe and obtain the shaman's sleeves. However, I don't see those two items to be worth the money when considering the re-layers. As you might read from this paragraph, aiming for fully meddable set while upholding the 220+ dex and trying to build hp among other meaningful props is my personal aim for the time being.

What comes into giving you a straight reply to your question...First consider if you really are willing to risk the fact that angelic can and probably will run out when you need it most. If you think it's worth the risk, then go after SoT first as it gives the greatest hp boost to you (30 hp and 6% str di). As you might have noticed from the parenthesis, the str di bonus isn't that great until you reach around maybe 350-400+ str, so the greatest gain from str in the beginning, is that hp. Naturally, if you don't yet have 8 str, enough dex jewelry, that would be even better place to put your gold into, in my opinion. Also the option to switch Jackal's Collar + Gautlets of Nobility into say Voice of the Fallen King + Gloves of the Pugilist is worth mentioning as only the latter ones are fully meddable, meaning a bit better damage output as you'd regen mana a bit faster assuming the rest of your armor set is meddable and thus allowing you to spam those special moves more rapidly.

What I'm trying to say, in the end, it all depends on what are your requirements for your armor along with what kind of weapon are you using, to decide which are the best options for you to aim for. Str is great for the extra hp, but as said earlier, it's not much for damage until you hit greater numbers. While it's true that 220+ dex is something not to give up so easily once acquired, it does you no good if you get killed in one hit, so depending on what are your aims for your prey, you might decide against what I have decided for.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

I've done basically the same thing as Korndog is suggesting. I swapped the hunters out for an SOT and use Angel form a lot. Also Hollow Reed for an extra boost.

I'm thinking of swapping out the arms of tacticle for the GOC arms, and swapping an Ornament of the magician for a dex braceet.

I suppose it gets down to style.

(I also have a high mana set up for running pets into high damage/fast heal situations)
Character name: Ebony
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Thank you for your replies and advice and information. Lots to think about and consider. I do currently have some event jewellery,but it's from the winter event and only has 6 Dex, str and int but some other useful stats too. It's also very useful to know that 20 str provides 6% di.

Thanks again for the replies!
In game name: Abarai
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Opopanax wrote:Thank you for your replies and advice and information. Lots to think about and consider. I do currently have some event jewellery,but it's from the winter event and only has 6 Dex, str and int but some other useful stats too. It's also very useful to know that 20 str provides 6% di.

Thanks again for the replies!
I have 467 hps and I still use the Winter Event earrings and ring. That's not to brag, many have far more HPs, it''s just to say when you map out your gear, those will be some of the last pieces you relayer due to viability of alternative gear in other slots (GOC, Gleam Leggings, SOT, etc.). The best advice I can give here is start a simple spreadsheet where you can map out your gear. You can even do an Angel Form tab to compare the trade-offs. Allows you to strategize appropriately. Good luck to you.
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

Pariah wrote:The best advice I can give here is start a simple spreadsheet where you can map out your gear.
I can not agree more. It helps tremendously both for future relayers and relayers purchased. It helps not wasting spending points.