Carpentry Question

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
captainphatty
Passer by

Carpentry Question

Post by captainphatty »

I am working on leveling carpentry, and my tinkering skill is high enough so I get a key inside. When I breakdown the crates to boards, my bag is littered with all these tiny keys. Anyway to prevent that?
Haakon
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Carpentry Question

Post by Haakon »

Not that I know of. I use razor and make an organizer agent and dump them in my trash 4 tokens bag. cleans up in a snap. I don't think you can make them unlockable. Would be nice though. Kinda like turning off makers mark.
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Post by heyyo »

Yeah that sucks, maybe just level carpentry up on an alt that doesn't have sufficient tinkering to make the container lockable. Or what I did was I had a bunch of bulk order deeds saved up, and just make what levels you up while filling the BODS, and turn them in to get new ones to fill as you level up. They should scale up in difficulty.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Haakon wrote:Not that I know of. I use razor and make an organizer agent and dump them in my trash 4 tokens bag. cleans up in a snap. I don't think you can make them unlockable. Would be nice though. Kinda like turning off makers mark.
Drop them in a trash barrel instead. They still count against your backpack item total in the tokens bag and the trash barrel will auto-empty when full.
captainphatty
Passer by

Post by captainphatty »

The razor organizer was a great idea, free tokens :)

One other question about wood in general; other than petrified wood, are these other woods desirable (i.e. pine)?
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

The other woods are nice for making colored furniture. You can see what something made out of each wood looks like in my Rune Library. World Teleporter -> shops -> Simply's Rune Library.

While a furniture dye tub can make a few of the colors, there are a few that only a Uni Dye tub could accomplish otherwise.
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

The mistvale item bless deed quest requires color boards.

Bows, weapons and shields made with various woods and runic tool kits gain specific abilities. I'm not sure which matches which. Does anybody have a list?

Petrified is the most desirable, as a required ingredient in a bunch of useful things.