Bulk Reagents from Trinsic

We try to put in new spawn areas, quests, events, items and scripts. This is where you submit your wish.
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Bulk Reagents from Trinsic

Post by Devlin »

Being able to buy 10k regs at once would be cool, on a second page to the red stone or something. Larger projects take a bit of moving regs into the bank. Stacks of 5 or 10k would make life much easier, just plop one thing. (Or keep the current and have your purchase stack instead?)
Resident Wiki Editor/Village Idiot

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Separate Journal for Guild or Public Chat (Old)
---------------------------------------------
Combat Focus Guide (Godmode Formula)
walter
Master Scribe

Re: Bulk Reagents from Trinsic

Post by walter »

If increasing the amount you can buy off the stone at a time, you would need to increase its price I guess... because it will just compete with exex, right?
I see many reg prices in exex are usually below 5. if people need to pay more in the reg stone maybe the reg market in exex could get more intense?
In game name: Walter
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Post by Devlin »

well, i could still buy 500k ginseng, run an organizer, set the hot bag to something inside my bank (bag/pouch for no weight feature) and come back two minutes later to nice stacks.

The old system used to poop out regs when you were overweight. The new system keeps them all in your bag, but I guess it's not possible, or easy enough, to code it to stack the regs as you're buying 10 x 1k really, not 10k. So, introduce 10k stacks. Just an idea :p

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Shindaril »

I've noticed that you can buy up to 5 items from the reagent stone (unconfirmed from the other two stones by Trinsic bank), allowing you to buy up to 5k reagents at one purchase. The reason for this is most likely the item weight in a player's backpack. The stone does let you to get past the regular 450 stones weight and the stone being close enough from the bank and the ability to use spell caster's keys, would be the way out of not being able to move with such a weight as 5k reagents do...

I'm assuming that the weight of the reagents is the reason for this limitation as I've never been able to carry more than 1k stones with me, so there's one speculated reason for the limitations on the stone. So in my personal opinion/observation, it's all about the game mechanics, nothing more.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't be great to see those purchases to be added straight into your spell caster's keys (as that would be great!) but I'd think that restriction was put in there for the sheer limitations of the game (RunUO server core, most likely, but also possible for the client itself).
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

I'd like to see the reg stone removed all together, and leave the option for people to buy them from players on commodity deeds. Of course, I think they would also have to be removed from exex to be effective. I also think most if not all of the regular stackable items should be removed from exex, and re-purpose it (exex) for some of the non stackables (making bulk granite /kegs etc easy to purchase), and adding all regular stackable items to commodity deeds.

This could drive player vendors more. Maybe even see TC and MZ and other vendor malls a bit more full.
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Post by Devlin »

well, [exex is the same as commodity deeds... if we took regs off there to sell on vendors, then we'd have to take off ingots, boards and leather for the same reason. Personally, I don't think we should do away with the reg stones. Buying bulk regs for ointments would become a huge pain; I just blew through 550k+ ginseng ointing up gen 1's for a project (and that was just the HP lol). If I had to farm that or buy from vendors til they hit 999 and then farm for a day, I would have cried :P

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

It may be similar, but its not the same.

One major difference is the cost. Exex has a fixed 3% cost when someone buys/sells direct. Vendors have a daily cost, (that was upped tremendously in the recent past). With exex, there is no gold sink until the final product is sold. (Which i think should be applied to vendors as well, so we would see more high end items on there since there wouldn't be a restrictive daily cost on expensive things).

It also looks better to have full vendor malls, and TC, and MZ than a full exex box (since you can't see how full or empty it is, unless its missing a buy/sell order for a particular item).

It wouldn't necessarily be a pain, as people would just use the physical commodity deeds, rather than dumping it onto exex and waiting. So, you would still be able to buy bulk regs, and a player would still benefit from that, perhaps a newbie.

I would rather see exex used for non stacking items, which would make those much easier to buy in bulk (granite, etc). Maybe some of the non npc purchasable stackables, like organics, ointments, ethereal powders, etc. But tbh, i would rather see those added to commodity deeds as well. Or maybe things like runics (since there is currently no way to break them down, once combined)

I don't think exex should disappear, so much as be be repurposed. Everything you can buy off npc vendors, removed (make tool houses and commodity deeds more viable). Also opens a (better?) market for high use tools and other unforseen benefits.
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Post by Devlin »

I just don't want to have to buy 550k ginseng from players lol. That sounds nightmarish.

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader