Happy gaming!

+V
-{Excelsior Shard Administrator, and Death Event Extraordinaire}-

May the BODs be ever in your favor!
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: Global Chat

Post by +Nyx »

Exactly. It's a game. If one is taking it that seriously and that personally, one needs to take a deep breath and follow Elsa's lead. Now I shall go fling some snow about in true Elsa style :wink:

Edit: Wil, one more thought to ponder here - earlier in the thread you were essentially harping on me because the 'literal' meaning behind the way the Mistvale rules was worded wasn't 100% accurate, and made other statements to the effect that you were able to misinterpret the "not repeatable" rules because the phrasing was not, in your opinion, accurate enough.

Yet, you then make statements such as that I have "brutalized" players. Clearly you wanted to incite a certain feeling with that phrasing, yet the word's actual definition: https://www.google.com/#safe=on&q=brutalized
So, since you've expressed you want us all to be literal, I'm to understand that you've told an admin that they've attacked a player in a violent or savage way? Really? Some people who play on this shard have had experiences in life that genuinely qualify for that term, but having your excess cloaks and sashes taken away, or players being jailed after infractions, is not even in the same universe as that.

Also good to note - the Mistvale wiki's got rules listed, which explain about the non-repeatable quests: http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Mistvale#Rules
and in case you'd like to say that it was a recent update, here's the page as it was in June, with those rules already shown: http://www.uoex.net/w/index.php?title=M ... oldid=3350

I understand that you've taken the whole matter personally and that you've had a hard time moving on from it, but you were not brutalized or treated unfairly. You are letting it affect your enjoyment of the game, that is a decision you make for yourself. I sincerely hope you'll be able to get past it, now that you've had your say once again. We can agree to disagree, if it pleases you, but nothing good will come of continued behavior like you've been displaying. In the long run of your game-life - let alone your real life - is it really so monumentally important? I think, if you really get some distance and think about it, you'll realize it's not.
+Veritas
Administrator

Post by +Veritas »

You know what....No. One more thing.

This is all from a person who didn't see a single second of jail time, nor had to do one jail task. Items that were not intended to be kept were confiscated. That is all. Some people who applied deeds and such to duplicate rewards had their deeds refunded prior to their deletion. Had this player been able to keep the duplicates, there wouldn't be a problem. But since he couldn't be excluded from the rules of the event...time to sling mud. Doesn't matter that more could've been done in the area of punishment, time to sling mud. Doesn't matter that the rules were there for all to read, time to sling mud. I didn't get my way the way I think I have the right to have it, time to sling mud.

Also, each of the quests that are non-repeatable are listed on the wiki.

Do everyone a favor, and ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

+V
-{Excelsior Shard Administrator, and Death Event Extraordinaire}-

May the BODs be ever in your favor!
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

The halloween dungeon quest had a cooldown period as well. I have 2 toons, and noticed I could do it on each of them back to back. The moment I figured this out, I immediately trashed the quest book that I got with my 2nd toon. Why? Because if the quest had a cool down period, then -obviously- it was meant for that. Then again, I'm not an idiot. The game mechanics allowed for it, but the game mechanics also allow for exploits and so forth as well. If you blindly go by game mechanics alone, then you are bound to do something stupid. When you do something stupid, then you will most likely be treated like you are stupid. When some people are treated like such, they sometimes spew verbal vomit in the forums.
I am injecting my opinion here because the issue has been thrust upon the shard via public forums. Wil, you were wrong. What you are posting makes no sense. You'll survive having your toys taken away from you. Let it go. :roll:
Just saying...
...Dimiir Borgu
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Common sense is a dying art mr. agony you know this.

I mean look at the "advertisements in worldchat" rule.. sure it exists and is enforced.. so people still quite often get around it by answering user questions with a subtile advertisement. Or steering user questions towards what they are advertising. That way.. they are "helping players" not advertising.

In order to avoid stuff like this staff would either a) have to write lengthly rules for everything to cover every eventuality that could crop up. or b) people would have to be mature enough to respect the spirit of a given rule without acting like a scummy lawyer looking for loopholes..

What troubles me sometimes is that B seems far beyond people's grasp.
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

Yoda wrote:In order to avoid stuff like this staff would either a) have to write lengthly rules for everything to cover every eventuality that could crop up. or b) people would have to be mature enough to respect the spirit of a given rule without acting like a scummy lawyer looking for loopholes..

What troubles me sometimes is that B seems far beyond people's grasp.
It's sad but you are 100% correct
...Dimiir Borgu