Grey named players

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Mystic
Journeyman Scribe

Grey named players

Post by Mystic »

So, I put on a cursed necklace (Medallion of the Undead) a while back and it turned me into a red named undead wanderer of the void. Which was unexpected and alarming! However the 13 mana regen was good for scribing and taking the necklace off returned me to my usual form, so I continued to use it.

I have since noticed my name is grey, which took a bit to realise as it's green to me and only grey to others. I linked this to the necklace because I don't believe I have partaken in any other activity that causes a grey name. So I've not used the necklace since, over 2 weeks now and yet my name is still grey.

My karma is 15000.

I am wondering whether this change to a grey name is now permanent or whether it just has a really long timer. I was waiting to see how long the timer is, but since it is taking so long I thought I would see if anyone else had any experience or knowledge with it.

Thank you in advance :)
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Re: Grey named players

Post by fixxer1963 »

same happened to me weeks, maybe months ago, still grey
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Mystic
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Grey named players

Post by Mystic »

In case anyone else reads this, I put in a Help Request in game and +Nyx fixed it for me - thank you +Nyx :) I feel so much better with my normal name back!!

If anyone else is planning to do the same, make sure you downgrade your request to just asking for a callback, that way you don't keep getting the "no staff on etc etc" message. Also, it's not urgent so might take a few days or more for someone to get to it, which after being grey for months really isn't a problem :)