New player questions

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
gheddy78
Journeyman Scribe

New player questions

Post by gheddy78 »

Hi, i recently joined this server and i think it's a wonderfull one. I am an uo noob that played uo long time ago but i have read some guides and the wiki. There are loz of things to do here and,as a new player, i am a bit confused. Now i'm doing the rats quest to ensure an income; i have also trained some skills like taming so i can go hunting. The questions:
1) I need lrc equip so i can train magery/necro etc...where can i find them? Can you tell me a cheap vendor and a spot to farm them? If i go to Despise for example can i drop good gear?
2) Places to hunt: i'd like to go hunt and kill some stuff, not only rats, and maybe collect some decent gears, where should i go? Normal dungeons? Tokuno artifacts? Doom? Back in the days i went to Despise,Deceit etc etc, on this server where should i go to loot some magic gear and make gold?
3) Mules: i have read they are very good, where do they spawn so i can tame them?
4) Potions: i have done shrink potions to level up my taming, is there a way to stack them and maybe a macro to fill an empty keg with them?
5) Druid book: where can i find it? I have some scrolls but cannot find a book
Thanks very much and sorry for my bad english
Azmael
Karadas
Apprentice Scribe

Re: New player questions

Post by Karadas »

1) You can check this website for vendors: vendors.uoex.net

2) Well, the places are setted by your playstyle and gear. But if you want "decent" gear to start, you can farm tokuno artifacts for "Arms of Tactical Expertise, The Horselord or Darkened Sky", for example.

3) You need to buy them, a just tamed mule is useless. Also raise veterinary as foon as you can.

4) No idea, but almost everyone use pet leashs, they work like 100 uses potions.

5) Is a "Veteran" item, it cost around 10 000 000 golds, or 200 eds, sold in Trinsic Donation Room (White portal at NW from the teleporter)
All cheese recipes are belong to Illuminati!
snaggeh
Adept Scribe

Post by snaggeh »

I have found th best thing to do to make some cash as a newb is to go to shame and do earth elements, I just power though the place over and over just looting the gold and gems.

As long as you can cast blade spirit it is easy until you can afford some decent armor and weapons,

As regards to LRC and general lower level items that dont cost 100k + I have just been going though all the shops on the teleporter

Though it seems there is alot less low end stuff to buy these days since I have returned :(

Hope that helps a little mate
showxxl
Adept Scribe

Post by showxxl »

1). If you join the ETA guild (shards newbie training guild) I'll let you borrow a 100% LRC suit. For non-combat skill training only.
2). Train Archery on NPC trainer to GM. Train Music and Peacemaking to GM. Macro Magery to GM. Train Chivalry and Bushido to 50 on NPC Trainer. Cast blade spirts in Covetous and skin harpies for feathers. Make 400 arrows then head to Destard and kill Dragons / Drakes for cash. Equip Yumi bow (ill give you one if needed), peace the Dragon / Drake, cast Consecrate weapon and fill it full of arrows while spamming the Primary Yumi skill "Armor Pierce" as much as possible. Easy leather, scales, jewels, gold…. You will find better equipment in New Player chests than you can loot off these mobs, so don’t worry about poor loot items.
3). Buy them, they only take up ONE pet slot.
4). No – only bottles no keg.
5). Wish I had one . VET item.

Xia Lin
Legendary Noob
gheddy78
Journeyman Scribe

Post by gheddy78 »

showxxl wrote:1). If you join the ETA guild (shards newbie training guild) I'll let you borrow a 100% LRC suit. For non-combat skill training only.
2). Train Archery on NPC trainer to GM. Train Music and Peacemaking to GM. Macro Magery to GM. Train Chivalry and Bushido to 50 on NPC Trainer. Cast blade spirts in Covetous and skin harpies for feathers. Make 400 arrows then head to Destard and kill Dragons / Drakes for cash. Equip Yumi bow (ill give you one if needed), peace the Dragon / Drake, cast Consecrate weapon and fill it full of arrows while spamming the Primary Yumi skill "Armor Pierce" as much as possible. Easy leather, scales, jewels, gold…. You will find better equipment in New Player chests than you can loot off these mobs, so don’t worry about poor loot items.
3). Buy them, they only take up ONE pet slot.
4). No – only bottles no keg.
5). Wish I had one . VET item.

Xia Lin
Legendary Noob
Tnx very much for the info, how can i join your guild?
Azmael
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

gheddy78 wrote:2) Places to hunt: i'd like to go hunt and kill some stuff, not only rats, and maybe collect some decent gears, where should i go? Normal dungeons? Tokuno artifacts? Doom? Back in the days i went to Despise,Deceit etc etc, on this server where should i go to loot some magic gear and make gold?
Work your way up to the point where you can thrive in Destard. Once there you should be able to survive in Citadel. Citadel has pretty good drops for a new player.
gheddy78 wrote:3) Mules: i have read they are very good, where do they spawn so i can tame them?
Each master of arts champ leaves behind one mule when he is defeated. This mule is extremely weak; useless to anyone except mule breeders. Also, taming him is tricky so he often gets killed by mistake.

As a new player, buy well bred mules from player vendors instead. A team of four well bred mules won't make you invinceable but they will make you reasonably powerful.
gheddy78 wrote:4) Potions: i have done shrink potions to level up my taming, is there a way to stack them and maybe a macro to fill an empty keg with them?
No way to stack. You can keg them and then take a few from the keg before you go hunt. If the keg has at least one potion in it and is in your main backpack, it should catch the potions as you make them.

Once you run out of potions, buy pet leashes from player vendors until you reach the point that you have a house and bees. Player-made leashes have 100 shrinks on them.

gheddy78 wrote:5) Druid book: where can i find it? I have some scrolls but cannot find a book
The druid book can be purchased with Excelsior Dollars which are obtained by donating to the shard (20 euros or so for a druid book) or slowly through a handful of in-game activities such as daily voting (vote 200 times for a druid book).