Oints change?

Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Oints change?

Post by Pariah »

Anyone know if ointment drops were adjusted recently? I'm getting significant fewer than before on similar runs. While I hate the price drops that are occurring, I'm curious as to the strategy. Thanks!
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Re: Oints change?

Post by heyyo »

I didn't notice any difference in amount, as of yesterday, in my last oint hunting trip.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

I have noticed a drop decrease across the board. Even the Peerless GoC quest items.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I tweaked the ointment drop in fel terathan last week as a sort of social experiment, but no other changes have been made anywhere else (to my knowledge, though if +C made a change, he woulda told the staff if nothing else).
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Thanks +Nyx for the update. I now plan to be more social... ;)
Nunja
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Nunja »

I wonder which is the more interesting experiment:
Changing oint drop rates in Tera Keep...
or
Saying you changed the oint drop rate and watching what happens...

I feel a little like a lab rat... but off to tera keep I go!!!
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Nunja wrote:I wonder which is the more interesting experiment:
Changing oint drop rates in Tera Keep...
or
Saying you changed the oint drop rate and watching what happens...

I feel a little like a lab rat... but off to tera keep I go!!!
Definitely the latter...and the former...I'm just going to rage quit about both...nope, still here... :) Although, I do wonder as to the purpose of the experiment. Is success keeping that area less populated thereby forcing people to hunt other areas or is success that people still hunt there even though the rates are diminished...Hmmmm, or perhaps +Nyx is in graduate school and she is studying the recent social experiments like Facebook making everyone sad and that dating site that intentionally sent people on bad dates and wants to see if she can recreate the effects within an MMO setting...If that is the case, please post the final draft!
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

I would like to politely request that this be upped a bit. This used to be one of the few spots veteran players had a bit of a challenge for a good reward. My thoughts:

-You can run Deceit for 30-40k wep xp in one run (with skeletons and wraiths and such). You can clear at Tera Keep, a much more difficult feat (dragons, para strength balrons, etc.), but for far less wep xp (about 12-15k). Perhaps consider bringing this in line with the other Fel dungeons for wep xp.
-You'll also get 25-35 ointments in a Deceit run, but now I'm lucky to get 10-15 or so in clearing out Tera Keep. I'm not saying it has to be exactly what it was before, but it'd be nice to at least match some of the less challenging areas.
-Make more places like this. There are so many dungeons in Fel (Wind, Hythloth, Khaldun) as well as cities (Moonglow, Maginicia, Trinsic) that I travel to and never see a soul. However, you'll hit 4 people minimum in Fel Deceit in one attempt to clear a floor. If we could repurpose these into Fel Tera Keep like places (with better wep XP and decent oint drop rates), it would really help some of the players like me who are not only getting a bit bored, but also are getting a bit tired of running into so many newer players with poorer etiquette (it would keep them out due to level of difficulty).

Thanks for listening.
heyyo
Legendary Scribe

Post by heyyo »

There are only a few 'top end' spots to hunt even though they're not necessarily the most difficult. Kind of creates a log jam at times trying to find a good hunting spot.

I agree, if places were more balanced xp/loot wise, that'd really spice things up. It just depends on how big of a headache crunching the numbers would be.
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

And the motion has a second, hearing no objections... :nod:
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Finally had some time and inclination today, so I took a look at this. Fel tera was part of my previous dungeon revamps, but since it had already been beefed up by a previous staffer ages ago, it didn't need as many new mobs added to it to bring it up to par with the other changes.

Today I increased the drop rate on the oints by 50% from where it was before. I also doubled the xp in the entire dungeon.

Give it a try and let me know what numbers you're seeing compared to fel deceit.
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

+1 thx nyx :)
korndogg
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by korndogg »

Excited to try this out! Really like that dungeon and the difficulty levels associated with it. Was actually going to reply to this thread today to help show interest in it. Would love to see additional help in some of the other dungeons like despise, etc. Don't know if you can increase their difficulty by 50% thus justifying the added benefit. regardless thanks for all you do and I'll take any revamps as they come. thanks!
Randy Marsh
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

I don't mind y'all having places to go that aren't very difficult and result in good stuff. I know oints are in the toilet right now, but they'll be required for various things in the facets and so the value will go up again once those open. I'm more concerned about making it so most of the fel dungeons are on par with one another, so that you all spread out into many of them rather than cramping into one like little mindless drones all copying the other :lool:
Adrycks
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrycks »

Yeah i think that the general idea to spread people all over the world is the way to go. I for myself go from town to town in fel to kill the spawn and i'm really suprised how much xp/oint/fun i can have in all those places...Even taking a boat to Fel occlo is fun...

Forward is the way to go :)
In-game name: Drakis.