Halloween Dungeon Opened

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Tredin
Elder Scribe

Re: Halloween Dungeon Opened

Post by Tredin »

[quote="Annachie"]It might be a good idea not to have the AFK room entrance in the Soul Eaters room.
Came down the stairs and the thing spawned and jumped me. Luckily I had just un-shrunk an imp.[/quote]

The afk room is located there so you don't have to go all the way out if you need a break. Putting it anywhere else would be silly, its there so you don't have to run all the way out of the dungeon if you have to go potty or something involving more than a 60 second afk.
Sethra Lavode
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Sethra Lavode »

I have not lived in the Halloween Dungeon this year quite like I did last year, to be sure: time constraints and all that jazz. However, I still love it just as much as I did last year. The quest idea is wonderful. The new deco items are fantastic. The new candies are great. One of the biggest things I have noticed about the Halloween Dungeon this year (and last) is how willing players are to help each other out. Be it a totally new name or a name you have seen here and there: people that have never spoken to each other are not just speaking, they are helping, sharing. This just shows how awesome people can be when they relax and have fun.
Thanks Staff for making a great dungeon - thanks Shardies for keeping it fun!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I tried the dungeon for the first time Sunday afternoon. I had trouble getting the first book. I hailed and accepted the quest but no book appeared. Tried several times. Then I declined the quest. The next time I accepted the book appeared.

Another player reported having the same trouble getting the book. Declining and then accepting seemed to work for him too.

No quests were reported in progress on the quest list when I had the trouble. Once I had the quest book, the quest menu reported Haunted Halls in progress.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

[quote="Sethra Lavode"]I have not lived in the Halloween Dungeon this year quite like I did last year, to be sure: time constraints and all that jazz. However, I still love it just as much as I did last year. The quest idea is wonderful. The new deco items are fantastic. The new candies are great. One of the biggest things I have noticed about the Halloween Dungeon this year (and last) is how willing players are to help each other out. Be it a totally new name or a name you have seen here and there: people that have never spoken to each other are not just speaking, they are helping, sharing. This just shows how awesome people can be when they relax and have fun.
Thanks Staff for making a great dungeon - thanks Shardies for keeping it fun![/quote]

I agree entirely! I have encountered many courteous players in the dungeon who are willing to share boss mobs etc for the quest and it's been an enjoyable experience!
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

Nyx, slight request to make this much more enjoyable for those wishing to finish the quests:

please extend the amount of time we have to complete the quests! Since the dungeon is open till nov 1 and a lot of players have limited time, having to knock out all the mini bosses in the period of 2 days while dealing with respawn times and queues is asking a bit much.

Any way you could extend it? :)

-Iago
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Actually, I was going to comment about how nice just about everybody has been in letting people come in and take a piece of the mini bosses to complete those quests.

Sure there are queue's for those who want a chance at the items, but otherwise people don't seem to mind.