Hunger Games event - 9-12-14

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Veritas
Administrator

Hunger Games event - 9-12-14

Post by +Veritas »

There will be a Hunger Games event on Friday the 12th at 7:00 p.m. eastern time.

The location of the games will be the same copy of daemon temple island.

This one will be everyone for themselves. I am still hoping to see less guild group/circle-of-friends collaboration and more lone wolf participation this round. If I see groups of people tolerating each other too much, some countermeasures will be implemented =).

Any players of any age are welcome to play, as everyone will get clothing that gives bonuses to crafting and survival skills. However, please expect that it will be more difficult for you, as your character may not be as leveled as others. This will be a PvP event.

During this PvP event, all players will be able to use what they find. Players can also craft items with the raw materials they find and harvest. Placing houses and boats is forbidden and if you figure out a way to do it, you will be punted from the game without a participation reward.

Players will be given clothing that will provide skill bonuses for key skills necessary to fight and craft during the game.

There will be no mounts for this event.

Players will start in an general collection area that has PvP disabled. Once the game begins, players will run out of the collection area and into an area where there are randomly spawned tribute backpacks. These backpacks include the following:

10 Apples
3 Bottles
10 Iron Ingots
5 Bandages
5 Use Tinker's Tool
15 Use Shovel
Skinning Knife

There will be several of these backpacks, and I would suggest running ahead and away from players so you can better your chances of getting at least one.

With the exception of the participation rewards, every item you receive during the course of this game will decay within a few hours. You will NOT get to keep the bonus clothing.

Scavenger is not allowed during this event. I can tell when it is on, it is pretty obvious. Also, no other scripts that do exactly what scavenger does but you named something else. If you get caught and say, "I didn't have scavenger on, but I had my script named 'Super Pick-Up 9000'", it will hold zero weight with me. Any use of script or function of a third-party program that allows you to automatically pick up items from the ground around you will result in your forfeit of the game and your participation reward.

Be sure to pay attention to your surroundings. You will likely need to do some crafting to survive. This means you will be looking for forges and anvils at least...

Random runic kits will spawned on each beach section of the island.
When the game gets to a point where there are only a few players left, then mobs will start spawning that will make survival a bit more challenging.

See you tomorrow!

+V
-{Excelsior Shard Administrator, and Death Event Extraordinaire}-

May the BODs be ever in your favor!
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Re: Hunger Games event - 9-12-14

Post by Annachie »

Is eastern time the same as shard time?
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

[quote="Annachie"]Is eastern time the same as shard time?[/quote]

No. Type [time to know the shard time. Shard time is 6 hours ahead of EST.
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

We now have live streaming for these events:

http://www.twitch.tv/excelsiorveritas
Misadventure
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Misadventure »

I love being able to watch this! Great idea and thanks! :D
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

is snooping/stealing allowed in hunger games?