Leveling Reaper of Souls

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Tredin
Elder Scribe

Re: Leveling Reaper of Souls

Post by Tredin »

The reason I said to avoid dex on this is because dex is readily available elsewhere. In my opinion a weapons soul purpose is to deal the most damage possible. Putting dexterity on it will improve your survivability sure but it doesn't help you deal more damage in this case. You could argue with other weapons that it helps with your SSI, but the reaper already puts you at the max so it shouldn't be accounted for.

I also personally think this weapon wont be as easily replaced as some may think.

Acipenser that setup would go a long way for you I think, the 20sdi early on wont be a huge deal but after you get a few pieces of the Mages Inquisition armor it will make a difference. Planning ahead is a good thing!
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Basically, if you add Dex, it's not an end game weapon because you wasted 24 points that could be picked up easily elsewhere as mentioned. End game weps, you're looking for maximum damage output from a few things 1. high base damage on your wep, 2. spamming high damage wep specials such as Armor Pierce for example, 3. hit spells in concert with SDI. Since this weapon doesn't come with natively high base damage, weapon specials aren't particularly effective for max damage, and no native hit spells, most wouldn't consider it an end game weapon. That is NOT to say it couldn't be a very good weapon for a very long time as Tredin pointed out. There can be some debate surrounding SDI, since as has been pointed out, this might be points better spent elsewhere for your specific use case, but for the most part, the template Tredin suggested seems valid to me.
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

Good advice and discussion in this thread. In case anyone has yet to use it, use Stig's Weapon Planner to work out how you're going to sexify your weapon.

Download from this post: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2709

Hope this helps.
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame