Admins Please do something new for the Vets :)

Name says it all
MrJones
Expert Scribe

Admins Please do something new for the Vets :)

Post by MrJones »

To the current Admins,

I know we get the Charger of the fallen, and other random gifts as the months go by...for being a Veteran.

But it gets old, and well I know new players need the help. I'm assuming that is why they can do quests and get Cloaks and other cool stuff that have great perks, or character stats... etc "cloak of the mist"
Well that was not around when I was a new player.. all we had to look forward were to do the rat mission soo senior players at the time could give us gold so they could make Bio-Pets..

So, it would really mean a lot to me if you could create a QUEST for senior players to get a gift, only for senior players.
perhaps 2 year+ players... Maybe a Super Cloak? or a special wep. Something. would be cool, please and thanks for listening.

-MrJones
The Great One,
Mr.Jones!!
scuba
Elder Scribe

Re: Admins Please do something new for the Vets :)

Post by scuba »

good news!!! we vets had our special quests before the new players :D its a place called sgail and the rewards are great "gleam aura leggings" and since this info seems to be new i would recommend you read the entire wiki it has even more special things you as a vet can try out :D make sure to insure all items for sgail as you are going to die my friend :P
Dain Firehelm
Elder Scribe

Post by Dain Firehelm »

We vets already have our "mistavle counterpart" coming: Touria and Elysium. Just gotta be patience for a little while :wink:
- Khamul
Cornbread
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cornbread »

Don't forget the zero slot polar bears!!!
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Not that there's anything to really do about it, but the ones who suffer from this affliction are the middling occasional players who already were too old for Mistvale.
Oh the agony. Oh the pain. Oh the over acting.
Character name: Ebony
scuba
Elder Scribe

Post by scuba »

hehehe and if you cant find somthing fun [pm scuba and will show you some mid range areas that can be very fun and challanging :D
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Oh I do lots of fun. I was more thinking the GOC quests. Needs time and help, can be hard to arrange both at the same time. :)
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7227 - Touria

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7095 - Elysium

coming soon.

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=49942#p49820

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8479

There was an older post i was looking for with patch stuff in it, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. Check out the patch room through the blue portal in Town Center though.

TLDR;
we have tons of stuff in the works for vets.
RobRoy
Journeyman Scribe

Post by RobRoy »

I suspect some crafty stuff on the horizon for the Vets in regard to Tauria. Which i am to understand will have its first Phase arriving before Elysium finishes taking shape. I am willing to bet a lot of us who think we are ready for this new stuff will swiftly get smacked down and realize that we aren't as prepared as we think we are. I would suggest finding some friends and work on coordinated Sgail smash sessions so you get used to working together. I foresee alot more cooperative play for us veterans with the new content if not to beat it all just to meld minds to figure the new mechanics and twists and turns out. I see this as a good relationship phase for the Vets to reforge some old friendships and create some new connections for the times ahead. Just my 2 cents of course. I have no issue with the young player content coming first. It unfortunately is a poor reflection of the job the vets have done ushering new players into the ways of the shard and helping them feel welcome or i imagine there wouldn't have been a need for such a comprehensive tutorial as Mistvale has become. Also do not fret i would not surprised if the vet content has a great number of custom rewards for us to unlock well beyond a sash and cloak.

+nyx i also assume Elysium will kick some serious Kabooty!!!

Rob
Unbeliever
Legendary Scribe

Post by Unbeliever »

Annachie wrote:Not that there's anything to really do about it, but the ones who suffer from this affliction are the middling occasional players who already were too old for Mistvale.
This. Too old for Mistvale (1 year), too weak for Touria, too poor for the cool new items that will appear at auction soon. In-betweener status ftw. I just consider that "the way it is" though.
in-game Thomas Covenant
+Nyx
Administrator

Post by +Nyx »

Elysium will be for the mid-range players. The vets will no doubt trawl about in there as well, but it will be aimed specifically for that in-between stage.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

Unbeliever wrote:
Annachie wrote:Not that there's anything to really do about it, but the ones who suffer from this affliction are the middling occasional players who already were too old for Mistvale.
This. Too old for Mistvale (1 year), too weak for Touria, too poor for the cool new items that will appear at auction soon. In-betweener status ftw. I just consider that "the way it is" though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzum25lHoqE
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

+Nyx wrote:Elysium will be for the mid-range players. The vets will no doubt trawl about in there as well, but it will be aimed specifically for that in-between stage.
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride... :P