voting and ED's

Name says it all
bcbunny
Journeyman Scribe

voting and ED's

Post by bcbunny »

I tried voting this morning and the stone says it can not find a new vote. I did it the way I have been doing it, and has worked all the other times.

Is something not working right since the move?

Thanks

ALSO: is there any other way to donate other then paypal? Don't have paypal and not planning on getting it just to donate.

thanks
RobRoy
Journeyman Scribe

Re: voting and ED's

Post by RobRoy »

The answer to your question is no. Paypal protects both sides of the donation process by having a middle man making sure there arent any fraudulent activities. I am pretty sure you can always cancel a paypal account so don't be skeerd flip some of those 20's out from under the mattress and make things happen!!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

RobRoy wrote:paypal account so don't be skeerd
I'm pretty "skeerd" of paypal myself. They insist on knowing my checking account number when I only ever buy stuff and I don't like that. So, I had my bank set up a second free checking account with a minimal amount of money in it. Then I linked paypal to that. I kept the account, but AFAICT you can cancel the checking account after you use it to verify yourself on paypal.

If letting them have your credit card makes you nervous too then buy a prepaid card at a local store and use that. Just don't ever use a debit card linked to your bank account.

You shouldn't be nervous about using a credit card. In the US your liability for fraud committed against your _credit_ card is limited to $50 by law and essentially all banks waive the $50. When you dispute a charge and give a better reason that "I'm unhappy," the bank issues a "chargeback" to the vendor and strikes the charge from your card. It actually costs the vendor money (in addition to the lost charge), just as if they'd bounced a check.

Of course if you cause a chargeback to be issued to paypal instead of using their dispute policy that'll be the end of your paypal account. Nevertheless, realize that when it comes to _credit_ cards, you are in control!
Wilham
Passer by

Post by Wilham »

I see the replies but what about the original problem? I tried it also and had no votes from my ip address. Is it broken or did I do something wrong? I'm new to this shard and not quite ready to donate yet.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Yes, the ED reward for voting is temporarily (we all hope) broken. See this thread: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8533