[OpenEUO] Beekeeping

If you make a Client-side script you can publish it here for other players to use
Morkazi
Passer by

Re: [OpenEUO] Beekeeping

Post by Morkazi »

Thanks for the awesome script!!

Just had one question, and it's basically due to my lack of scripting knowledge... but what line do I comment out on if the script messes up?

If you could show me an example to help it sink in that would be great, I can be kinda slow at times.

~M
Ernie
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Ernie »

Well My bees just reached 100,000 and I always gave them one strength potion till I read it was unnecessary. I experienced a major increase in illness and infestation. I will give it one more day of no strength potion and if illness and infestation don't subside it's back to one strength potion a day.
Ernie
Ernie
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Ernie »

I could use a good script, any chance of sharing? Or tell me where to get iy?
Ernie
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Ernie »

I don't need a script that does it all for me, I just want a simple script that automatically checks the Red Spots in the Honey Comb after I have selected the potion,
Ernie
Tredin
Elder Scribe

Post by Tredin »

I believe the reason the honeycomb and red buttons are there is to prevent people from using scripts to harvest their bee's for them.
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Post by Asmodean »

Once upon a time they added beekeeping to Excelsior, and the people rejoiced.

As time went on, some found ways to script it, and shared with their friends.

Bee's were then nerfed to how many one account could have, and the price of honey and wax was drastically reduced.

Red dots were also added to slow the scripters down.

A new bee script was added, and shared among the many, in this very thread.

Will history repeat itself?
Bardkin
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Bardkin »

This kind of a cross post- but I am having issues with the script and need help. please see the thread http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8400. Basically the script hangs after opening the first honeycomb, OpenUQ says it is running.
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Post by Reskal »

I don't want to be harsh or something, just asking: in 2014 there is no working script for beekeeping, true ? Because as it seems this script deos not handle the honeycomb thing.
Just want to know, because then i stop searching scripts for it.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

The script from http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=7824 does work but it has a couple bugs.

First, some of the wait() timers are missing or too short. Try making them longer and add them in obvious places where you would expect to wait for the server to do something. In particular, the problem you describe sounds like ClickRedDots isn't waiting long enough for the honeycomb to appear.

Second, ClickRedDots has a bug in the while scannumber <= 6 do loop where if the script misses a dot it won't go back to y=nY to try again nor will it increment scannumber, leaving the function in an infinite loop.

Of course you also have to have potion kegs with the proper potions in your backpack as well or nothing will happen when the script clicks a dot.

There are private scripts floating around which add some error checking and an awareness of previously applied potions so that if the script fails it can be easily restarted. These have not been posted out of concern that if beekeeping becomes too easy it'll be nerfed for everybody.

Regards,
Wil
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Post by Reskal »

Dear GMs/Devs, is this sorrow reasoned or would you leave beekeeping as it is, when its not real work anymore for the players ?