Help downloading the client

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Amiralbambou
Passer by

Help downloading the client

Post by Amiralbambou »

I did download the client ultima online mondain's legacy couples days ago and everything was working fine, after 1 days on the server i start freezing in game after 5-10 seconds every time i logged in.
I deleted my Ultima Online folder thinking i was gonna re download it and see if it works.
But now i cannot even install it on my computer .
I have a Windows 8, if anyone have a link where i could download a client that would work on my computer i would appreciate it

Thanks a lot!
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Re: Help downloading the client

Post by lestatzero »

we have a patched client that is not from osi ... when installing it you should not install it in progam files folder as the security on that folder cause issues ... another thing you may want to look at is the amount of ram you have and what you have running @ startup

http://www.uoex.net/startup is the link to the pre patched client when installing it put it at a differnet location ... also using a program such as razor helps to reduce the cpu overhead and ram usages some .

Lestat
Amiralbambou
Passer by

Post by Amiralbambou »

did redownload it, when I start the installation after 2-3 seconds a message saying ; some installations files are corrupt, please download a fresh copy and retry the installation ;

I think I did try everything today been trying for 4-5 hours everything I could of think about and nothing seems to work.
Amiralbambou
Passer by

Post by Amiralbambou »

I think the error come when it is time to a file called ; anim

don't know if there is anything helpful with that information
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

yea you have the copy still in your temp directory then that s why your getting corruption in the file .. you have to clear out your temp files remove the old download file ( or use the origional one that you downloaded )(extract it to a new location once you have cleared out all of your cache files ) a progam such as Ccleaner works good to clean out all the junk files quickly. if you continue to have issues I will make a downloadable link you can grab if needed

lestat

EDIT..

Here is a Link to a Self Extracting Download of the current Client we use .
http://forums.tchol.com/UODL/