A Question About Alts and Quests

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Unbeliever
Legendary Scribe

A Question About Alts and Quests

Post by Unbeliever »

I asked a question about this regarding a recent quest, which was answered quickly and kindly by +Nyx (thanks again!), but that was specifically regarding that one quest. Since then I've looked for a hard written general rule regarding using alts to run quests multiple times and I haven't been able to find one. I'd like to ask staff for an official word on this, as I'm not looking to skirt or break the rules either purposely or accidentally. Is it understood (or written somewhere I didn't see) that alts are not to be used to run any events or quests multiple times, or is it fair game unless/until it is expressly stated or disallowed via the event mechanics?

in-game Thomas Covenant
+Nyx
Administrator

Re: A Question About Alts and Quests

Post by +Nyx »

Until this most recent server restart, we had no way to block quests being run on alts. It was a known "no-no" but not something we actively brought out the banhammer for, either. Now that we have functionality that should be blocking quests from being able to be run on alts (when we make it so), that shouldn't really be an issue anymore. The important part to note at this juncture is that since the functionality was added literally days ago, quests created before this update are still on the 'old' system and will need to be modified by hand to bring them up to date with this change. For right now, I've only gotten around to a hand-full of the older quests that +V and I have created to bring them up to date. The spring quest has been updated, as have all of the Mistvale quests. I'll be updating Sgail and such when I have the time and inclination.

To answer your question more simply, it's not allowed and will soon be actively blocked. Anyone finding a way around this should report it immediately to avoid being found exploiting.