pricing looted weapons

Name says it all
korndogg
Grandmaster Scribe

pricing looted weapons

Post by korndogg »

Hi everyone. I was wondering if we can create an informal pricing system to help regulate pricing and eliminate guessing and asking for PCs in general chat. Something along the lines of maybe 10,000 gold per percentage point of a usable leech, maybe 12,000 per weapon hit (lightning, 15,000) - assuming the percentage points on this are 46% (example = 3x46% looted katana). Dispel and DI in my opinion dont add any value, and therefore are rated as 0 gold increase. Maybe we can also make a scale for 38%s and 58%s as well. All others are not as desirable for high amounts of gold.

I know this may be difficult, but Ive seen some extremely impressive player created guides on this shard. I think it can be very helpful. I personally have about 5 3x46s that I have no clue how to price.

Bonus pricing for say resists, faster casting, etc.

Example:
3x46 katana with stam leech, mana leech, hit lightning
46% stam leech = 46x10,000 gold = 460,000
46% mana leech = 46x10,000 gold = 460,000
46% hit lightning = 46x15,000 = 690,000

Set selling price of 1,610,000 gold. Since Im seeing some peoples sell list containing items similar to this and with price tags in the 1-3 million gold range, i dont feel its too far off.

Thoughts?
Thanks!
Randy Marsh
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Re: pricing looted weapons

Post by Pariah »

It's hard to price them...because they aren't worth much. I throw 3x46s on my vendor all day for 50k and don't move them (even without dispel/DI or other useless stats). Something is worth what someone will pay for it and tastes in looted weps I have found to be very specific. As a result, unless you're dealing in the far higher end (4x46 or better), it's a very tough sell/niche market. Not to mention, newer players can farm them all day with a bio, few nobles, etc. etc. I don't think the lower end looted weps are quite as rare as some people think. Those with these hundreds of thousands or millions in their eyes for anything less than high end looted weps are a bit idealistic in my view. In most cases, you're invested at least 200 EDs for a type change deed so that looted wep better be exactly what you want, kwim?
Rshharrison
Passer by

Post by Rshharrison »

Forgive my off topic question, but why is DI useless? I'm new to this server
Pariah
Legendary Scribe

Post by Pariah »

Because you can cap DI with relayers fairly quickly (i.e. it's wasted points on a looted wep in most cases because most people looking will already be at the cap).
theherokiller
Novice Scribe

Post by theherokiller »

I like your idea but when pricing we also have to take into account the rarity of the weapon drops and the amount of time invested in order to acquire it which is something we cant calculate just with hard numbers.