Taming Bods!

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Adrias
Legendary Scribe

Taming Bods!

Post by Adrias »

I was a little bored so I thought I would come up with a knowledge base for taming bods. I will list the small bods that are used in large bods and are not used in bods. I also made a quick excel (2003) spreadsheet to keep count of the bods you get (you have to manually enter which ones you get) because the taming bod books are really not that friendly to keep track of what you have and I find myself constantly looking through my books. The file is attached at the bottom as a .rar because the .xls is not allowed.

This information is likely not complete but was made to the best of my ability, also wasn't sure if anything else like this has been posted :)

bod reward page: http://uoex.net/wiki/Taming_BOD_rewards

Small bods used in multiple Large bods:
  • Chicken
    Desert Ostard
    Forest Ostard
Small bods used in only one Large bod:
  • Beetle
    Bird
    Black Bear
    Brown Bear
    Bull
    Cat
    Cougar
    Cow
    Dire Wolf
    Dog
    Dragon
    Drake
    Eagle
    Fire Steed
    Frenzied Ostard
    Frost Spider
    Giant Rat
    Giant Spider
    Goat
    Grey Wolf
    Grizzly Bear
    Hell cat
    Hell Hound
    Horse
    Imp
    Kirin
    Mongbat
    Nightmare
    Panther
    Pig
    Polar Bear
    Rat
    Ridable Llama
    Ridgeback
    Scorpion
    Sewerrat
    Sheep
    Snake
    Swamp Dragon
    Timber Wolf
    Unicorn
    White Wolf
    White Wyrm
Small bods not used in any large bod:
  • Alligator
    Boar
    Bull Frog
    Giant Toad
    Gorilla
    Great Hart
    Hind
    Jack Rabbit
    Lava Lizard
    Llama
    Mountain Goat
    Predator Hellcat
    Rabbit
    Skittering Hopper
    Slime
    Snow Leopard
    Walrus
Excel Workbook
While this may not be the most beautiful thing in the world, I think it will end up helping me out a lot and thought I would share it. It will be a major pain to put in all your bods if you have hundreds of them :(
I protected almost every cell so you do not have to worry about messing up any of the formulas. You can unprotect if you would like, the password is blank.

-If you are upgrading to a newer version you should be able to easily copy and paste all the values into the newer version with no problems
smallbod.JPG
smallbod.JPG (61.51 KiB) Viewed 11219 times
This is the first worksheet. Pretty simple set up, nothing really too exciting here :) this is where you put in your small bods. For the worksheet to work properly you need to have 0 if you do not have the bod and >=1 if you do.
3xbod.JPG
3xbod.JPG (23.42 KiB) Viewed 11219 times
This is the 3x Lbod worksheet. The Large bod pages are a little hectic and not greatly organized :)
The amount column is for how many of each animal in the bod (ex: 3x20, 3x15, 3x10).
Own indicates how many of that Lbod you have. This is the number you would increment when you are adding in your Lbods.
Ready to go? goes to TRUE if you have the Lbod and all the Sbods.
I have also included how many of each Sbod you have for each part of the Lbod on this page for easy reference (right columns)
6xbod.JPG
6xbod.JPG (36.95 KiB) Viewed 11230 times
Another example of the Lbod worksheets. This one works exactly the same as the 3xlbod worksheet.
The amount column is for how many of each animal in the bod (ex: 6x20, 6x15, 6x10).
Own indicates how many of that Lbod you have. This is the number you would increment when you are adding in your Lbods.
Ready to go? goes to TRUE if you have the Lbod and all the Sbods.
I have also included how many of each Sbod you have for each part of the Lbod on this page for easy reference (right columns)

Oh! looks like I need to find a 20 white wolf bod! :D

UPDATE 11/03/2010 - Added Decrement feature for easily adjusting after turning in a LBOD see http://uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... 264#p19094 for information (I like pictures and it would not let me add more to this post :) )

If anyone has any suggestions/improvements/corrections feel free to pm me on the forums or in game (same name as on forums).

Hopefully someone finds this useful!

edit: updated the excel sheet, the 6xbods were pointing to the wrong cells :)

edit (11/03/2010): Added decrement buttons for less hassle after turning in a Lbod.
edit (11/03/2010): ninja edit to include worksheet with LBOD reward information.
edit (12/25/2010): fixed pictures / links after the forum revert a few weeks ago that seemed to break them
edit (1/25/2011): apparently all the pictures/files were broken again sometime...
Attachments
tamingbod_clear_2010_11_03.rar
(23.01 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
Last edited by Adrias on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
Penny
Legendary Scribe

Re: Taming Bods!

Post by Penny »

woot, found the topic!

Tried forum search, apparently "taming" and "bod" are too common words :verymad:
Failure is not an option, it's a standard.
Whiskey Jack
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Whiskey Jack »

Do organics still drop from taming bods???!!!! Done 20 large bods in last 2 weeks. The variety that supposedly gives a chance to drop organics, and have not got one organic drop. Yea got plenty 130 pet ps's but with people straying away from bios etc they not selling. I can't give away the vet gear. And the animal lore gear moves hardly at all. I have plenty 120 animal lore scrolls rotting away as well as taming. Am I the only one doing these taming bod's and not getting organic drop? Should I put on luck suit when turning in the large? :(
Adrias
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrias »

I am going to try to set up a button that you click that will automatically decrement the LBOD and SBODS you turned in, haven't done any macros in excel before so may take me awhile :).

I could also try to set up an online version for people who want to share and trade what they have.

Any suggestions are welcome :)

@Whiskey Jack
Those Powerscrolls work on imps too, not sure why they wouldn't sell for a pretty penny

@Jack Penny
Yeah I got the same thing when I was making the post, was hoping nothing like the excel spreadsheet or the list of "useless" sbods was well known :)

also, people have used this?! *excited*
Adrias
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrias »

Added decrement feature to turning in LBODS. Say you are here on your 3xLBOD workbook (the numbers were for testing purposes only :) ):
turninbuttons.JPG
turninbuttons.JPG (30.91 KiB) Viewed 11164 times
Now there are little buttons under the header 'turn in'. Clicking these buttons will decrement the LBOD # and all the corresponding SBODS. This button is not smart and will work even if you do not have the correct number of BODS so be careful because you will have to manually add the sbods back in! The numbers will not go negative, in case you decide to buy a bod and forget to enter it in beforehand.

Now Let's click the 15 button (I choose colors pretty randomly :) ) and we end up with this:
afterturnin.JPG
afterturnin.JPG (25.22 KiB) Viewed 11138 times
viola! The 15x LBOD and all the 15xSBODS are decremented! less work!
Last edited by Adrias on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
elden
Passer by

Post by elden »

Thank you Adrias :D
Adrias
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrias »

Bumping this.

Also feel free to ask for features to include :)
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Whiskey Jack wrote:Do organics still drop from taming bods???!!!! Done 20 large bods in last 2 weeks. The variety that supposedly gives a chance to drop organics, and have not got one organic drop. Yea got plenty 130 pet ps's but with people straying away from bios etc they not selling. I can't give away the vet gear. And the animal lore gear moves hardly at all. I have plenty 120 animal lore scrolls rotting away as well as taming. Am I the only one doing these taming bod's and not getting organic drop? Should I put on luck suit when turning in the large? :(

I been doing taming BODs just for the Pet PS, I have been getting Way more Organics than Pet PS. So I can tell you the organics do still drop, and in great number. I'm at work now, but I'll try and PM Whiskey Jack in game, if that is not your name, send me a PM

Melkor
TDC Guild
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

Adrias you rock! thanks for all the work you put into this. it's so great to see people who are actively helping other or sharing their information. keep up the good work. much lub
Scoffer
Novice Scribe

Post by Scoffer »

Any plans on getting the rest of the bod types into a similar format?

Tailor, blacksmith, carpentry and fletching?
Adrias
Legendary Scribe

Post by Adrias »

Yeah, I think I am getting enough of the other BODs to where I could make excel spreadsheets without missing anything. Only problem I am having is figuring out a succinct way of displaying it with all the various materials