Let's Talk About A Veteran Vendors Prices In TC

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: Let's Talk About A Veteran Vendors Prices In TC

Post by Johnny Warren »

Some TC prices are loco, for sure. This is not a new thread sadly. The whole revamp TC, or vendor equality discussion comes up every few years.

Ummm... didn't you pm me in game asking if that blaze (45ed) was worth buying just to flip for profit in gold? And didn't I say, honestly, that no, sadly the price had fallen out of that market? And dissuade you from buying it? That's right, it did. It's still for sale, you're welcome to buy it :wink:

I don't know where half the deco comes from on my vendor. I have many old boxes from my early days here, plus idoc loot. I have a few deco collectors help me with pricing as I don't have much of a clue on those items. I usually look at other vendors and if the item isn't for sale anywhere (I.e. I am selling the only copy) the price goes up, you know, supply and demand. If there are many copies I tend to undercut the others and proce mine lowest in TC. So if u want the best prices on a TC vendor, check out mine, Tamara, front and centre, West wall, has the corpse in front :dance while you're there, check out the shirts I've gotten off +C on the vendor for reporting cheating and keeping the shard clean. They're on display on the corpse. Protector of the economy, I believe they call me :wink:

I routinely donate (that means give away for free) old pieces of deco or player rewards the the museum, ask Junobo if you need verification.I spent time at last idoc grabbing an item for the museum instead of grabbing stuff for myself. Makes me feel good to be altruistic.

Feel free to PM me to haggle on anything you're interested in. And no, it's all for sale for ingame currency and I won't barter on discord. :lool:
JOHNNY WARREN!
Goliath
Novice Scribe

Post by Goliath »

You want to know what should be truly offensive to everyone who took the time to read or reply to this thread? The hypocrisy of the OP. You are calling out others for vendor prices (which should be a form of blacklisting, and a violation of forum rules since everyone knew to whom you were referring) and yet at the time of this reply, you have Excelsiorian Sandals listed for 8k Excelsior Dollars on your TC vendor. Which is one of two vendors you currently own/manage in TC. Delanor doesn't have a single item on the vendor you co-own, they are all yours, which should also violate TC rules as you aren't refreshing the vendor for them, you're using it as a lower end vendor for your lesser overpriced items. Spare us your mock outrage and toss your soapbox over your little ivory tower ledge.

If you want to list items, at whatever price, that's fine and no one cares. Just don't come on here calling others out before making sure all of your items meet "fair market value" criteria. Worry about your own vendor/items and stop making personal threads targeting individual players.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

People, take a deep breath, count to 10*64³¹ , think a good thoughts while counting, and comment only when counting is done. :mrgreen:
Lach
Elder Scribe

Post by Lach »

I would like to personally appolgize for this thread I read something else. Then used this as a way to lash out at someone, to the someone I personally appolgize. I have bought the items that mean something to me and will make sure they are on full display.

Everyone agian my appolgies & I will no long type while angry.
@ Me Bro
arni
Journeyman Scribe

Post by arni »

So all tc vendors over priced really ? Thats why i cant sell my junk those 1500 headbands of power overpriced. the full mage reg keys at 1.1mill so 2.3 per reg overpriced. The fact that at last auction one of the items auctioned was cheaper in tc then it was at the auction but tc is overpriced
Zalia
Legendary Scribe

Post by Zalia »

I check prices before I drop something on my vendor, and try to be the cheapest on the market. I mainly deal in BOD rewards, and can never predict if the items will sell overnight or sit there for weeks. Sometimes, I have a waiting list for 130 Magic Resist, but at the moment, there are 4 on my vendor.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Lach wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:26 am
Well that unfortunately is the case I've been on other shards. Where they have some players that have like a flag attached to a mount and it reflects that they are a new player guide something like that would be a good idea. That way they could show them the ropes and get them interested and more players running events.
We have that. It's called the mentor society. I am thr last currently active member. I helped out 6 newbies in December, showing them the ropes, commands etc. Some of them I spent 5 mins with and left them with my details should they need further help. Others I spent hours with and helped them get Orion set up etc. I just dont walk aroind eoth my.mentor badge showing as a way to make other people respect me. We can wear the badge openly, but i keep it private. I dont deserve special treatment because i spend a lot of time helping newbies, i do that because i believe(d) in Excelsior.

*shameless plug incoming*

It's why I deserve your player of the year vote. I've been the only engaged mentor helping new players via the mentoring system. I routinely provide accurate and clear advice in WC unlike a lot of the wishy washy answers that are spouted oit in WC, i am the goto guy for weapon build/pricing advice and ive spent the year helping +C keep cheaters in check by keeping an eye out on the other side of the globe (I am not talking about the recent accusations - I am talking about a year worth of vigilance). On top of my routine vigilance and mentor support i do plenty of one offs.... Some bloke was raging that his house fell and shouldn't have in December. I gave the poor bloke half a mill to rebuild and not waste +C's time. I haven't once reached out to the newbies I helped and said "heeey, remember I helped u heaps? Click my name on the stone please".. I've run players through Sgail, at least 2, who couldn't have done the quest without support, I make no gold for the couple of hours I am helping them, i give items to the museum for free.. the list goes on and on as to why i could be a genuine contender.. however...... I don't run a big guild, I play in a time zone most don't, so I am.under no illusion that I could ever be voted in as a poty.... but in terms of my contributions to the shard, you may think what you want, but they're extensive and genuine.

*end shameless plug*

Or just vote for Zalia, she deserves it, whether it was sharing all the idoc runes, twice, or creating the system that almost everyone uses to fill taming Bods, she deserves it.

@ Lachian: apology accepted, some respect gained. Please keep threads on topic moving forward, and please stop making threads just to have a go at me.

I will take this moment to point out that you tried to shame me with baseless lies about my item pricing in the world chat a week or 2 ago also. I am getting rather annoyed, I had to ask your GM for support because my reputation as a fair trader and evaluator is not only as good as they come here, but really important to me. And I told you that in PM. I think that's the real reason you started this attack thread because you had that info from me that my trading reputation is important and thought mocking my vendor would be a way to hurt me.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Zalia
Legendary Scribe

Post by Zalia »

*blushes* Thanks JW. Ritchey did the running around for the last IDOC, so he gets some of the credit too. I just miss my Wolfy steed. :)
Lach
Elder Scribe

Post by Lach »

Ok olive branch broken and stepped on note taken still my appolgies. Have a nice day.
@ Me Bro
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

I won't bother much with this talk because unfortunately the problem has been heavily discussed in the past and nothing changed:

1) Prices are really cheap and there is no one looking for anything anyway. (won't go over this in every topic so just think about the reasons);
E.G. see: price of powerscolls or items outside TC. Figure it out.

2) Taxation in TC should be applied to all vendors with the exception of having other currency to sell;

3) Many circular economy relies on vets buying cheap from players who can't have a vendor seat and then re-sell in TC at their normal price;

4) Having the same tax outside TC would help newbies actually make real money.

Daily fee in a vendor for a dead shard is ridiculous and will not make this any more attractive. Back when things were thriving things would sell everywhere. What can a newbie sell on a vendor at his guild/town hall? and for what price that affords his weekly rent?

About the first topic of this discussion:

100 EDS is equivalent of 5 to 6 mil. That for a veteran = at 250k/h is 30 hours of work. If we average 45ED blaze to 2.475 mil (ED=55k) that was the same as 9.9 hours of intensive gold farming. However, you can farm with a script while just monitor guarding and you can't level it (in a reasonable amount of time without rail scripts) so you need to be playing. Furthermore, the spawn rate of a dungeon for that kind of weapon is insufficient. If you consider the time wasted on levelling a BOD (time actually playing), a player could be doing a lot of more profitable things if the aim was 45ED. And it takes time, I would even risk saying far longer than farming a direct amount of gold.

For comparison:
When a SOP sold for 200 EDs (even at that price it was very laborious work) but it was worth the work for many players.

So basically what I want to say with all this is, value your time in this game and in real life.
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

i wish someone would trash talk my vendor i could use some free publicity sales have been slow :(
Eremite
Elder Scribe

Post by Eremite »

culichi wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:26 pm
i wish someone would trash talk my vendor i could use some free publicity sales have been slow :(
Man, that Dread Mongbat vendor is the worst of the lot. Just look at all those keys/tool houses/forges/etc for sale. Must be nice to be able to put a bunch on there with no vendor fees to make sure you never run out of stock on all the things a new player might need to make farming and gathering resources easier.

Also, look at all those Clothing Bless Deeds. I guess people nowadays are too casual to grind out millions of tokens for an Item bless deed for their bat wings or SoT's and prefer to get a clothing bless deed for cheaper.

Truly sickening.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

:lool: thank you