does evaluating Intelligence and magery effect damage

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

does evaluating Intelligence and magery effect damage

Post by Nick »

does evaluate Intelligence and magery effect damage on weapon spell hits? I cant find a definitive yes or no... im pushing both to 120 just in case though... but if some one knows for sure id still like to know the answer
Charon
Elder Scribe

Re: does evaluating Intelligence and magery effect damage

Post by Charon »

Hey Nick

Absolutely it does affect spell damage.

See link for your definitive Yes.
http://www.uoguide.com/Evaluating_Intelligence
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

hey, Charon

Thanks for the reply. I read that page prio to asking, I know if I cast the spell dmg is calculated by evaluating intelligence and magery. BUT, if my weapon casts it does evaluate intelligence affect the weapon spell dmg? I could have zero magic skill and be able to use a weapon with lighting. So logically i don't think it should be affected by my skill level. but I pushed both evaluating intelligence and magery to 120 and I cant tell if it made a difference I think it did but I can't really tell. I weapon hits are lighting, fireball, harm and magic arrow... (sure would love to see a ED deed to add 60% smite!! or at at a grand auction lol)
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Some questions like this are tough to get an answer to. Sometimes they are debated heavily by players with no real answer coming. I think this will have to remain a mystery. Getting 120 magery and eval int as you did is your best bet just in case. What does make a difference though is SDI on your gear, that has an effect for sure on the weapon hits.
TDC Guild
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

For sure Melkor

SDI is for sure the biggest factor, just wondering if anyone had checked the code or knew for sure one way or the other... I have lighting, fireball, and harm on my yumi and it is so satisfying when all three hit for over 100 each... (only on something that's discorded and has low magic resist anyway) they are usually hitting for between 55-90 though for me right now... also, SDI is my biggest argument against SOT as an end level relayer, that and it has 20% physical resist and just ruins your RPD....but that's a debate for another day... :dance
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I agree with you on the SOT, one or two most that's it I think. Love SDI!
TDC Guild
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

I have a SOT on head slot (item appearance changed to dread pirate hat cause I like the look) but that the only one I would pay to have in my gear. if someone gave me some SOT jewelry id wear it but would (someday) replace them with relayers with no Physical resist and sdi.
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Nick wrote:hey, Charon

Thanks for the reply. I read that page prio to asking, I know if I cast the spell dmg is calculated by evaluating intelligence and magery. BUT, if my weapon casts it does evaluate intelligence affect the weapon spell dmg? I could have zero magic skill and be able to use a weapon with lighting. So logically i don't think it should be affected by my skill level. but I pushed both evaluating intelligence and magery to 120 and I cant tell if it made a difference I think it did but I can't really tell. I weapon hits are lighting, fireball, harm and magic arrow... (sure would love to see a ED deed to add 60% smite!! or at at a grand auction lol)
WELL ... I guess it would help if I read your question correctly!! :idea: :oops:
Grab a soulstone and do some testing..... Oh wait... :(

I don't believe it does, i think an GM once answered this and said no, it does not...
*shrugs*