what to hunt now?

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Thomasmgp
Apprentice Scribe

what to hunt now?

Post by Thomasmgp »

Finally got taming high enough to buy 4 Nobles and now Balrons are too easy and even paragons are pushovers. Whats the next step above Balrons that I can start hunting for more gold?
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Re: what to hunt now?

Post by Opopanax »

When I got to the point where I was competent hunting with nobles I did more champs and started running travesty. Nobles can take down travesty, but you need to be pretty quick on the healing and make sure you use angel form yourself so you don't get polymorphed by it. You will also need mana leech on a bow really as the amount of damage you need to heal will outstrip what you can do with your mana pool (even combining bandages and touch of life). There is a guide to the travesty area here:

http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Citadel_Guide it's also quite a fun thing to run if you haven't done it before.

Travesty has a chance to drop nice weapons and also imp crystals if you are lucky, i probably ran it about 30-40 times in total and got 2 imps from it I think, it may not sound like a lot, but if you get a decent imp it can sell for a few mil, or you can keep it in building you imp army.

This isn't so much a gold heavy thing, more like you can get useful items from it and the chance for imp crystals. It's not always about the most gold. It is tough with pets as places you can make more gold require killing lots of mobs quickly, and pet hunting is different from a high dex kit with a whirlwind weapon that can wipe out lots of targets quickly.

I would encourage you to explore though, I think that is half the fun. Just don't go exploring S'gail, Umbris or Fel Wrong, you will regret that.
In game name: Abarai
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

As long as you can control your pets and heal them from poison, I would suggest Twisted Wield. A great place to farm gold. Also, the many dungeons in fel would be good. Most mobs are mid to low level gold wise, but their sheer number make up for it. Just be careful in Terra Keep. Also, pets are not allowed in Fel Wrong. The woods in Fel Buc's Den could provide a nice challenge as well. But, if it is just gold you are after, then what I said about Twisted Wield is the way to go as long as you have the place to yourself.
Thomasmgp
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Thomasmgp »

Cygnus wrote:Most mobs are mid to low level gold wise, but their sheer number make up for it.
too much clicking and dragging for my taste and since mobs dont have all their gold in bags like my other server i cant use my usual restocking agent hotkey to loot all the gold, regs, and gems at once.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

If you run easyuo I highly recommend this toolbar, it's fantastic and has a repeat claim button, which will sweep up all the dead stuff and claim all gold from all corpses in a single press, if stuff is out of sight it will usually walk to it too.

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... bar#p61607
In game name: Abarai
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

Or u could set hot key like f1 to [claim or [claimall the first will grab gold bandaids and couple of other things the 2nd of course grabs everything
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Thomasmgp
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Thomasmgp »

dreamstalker wrote:Or u could set hot key like f1 to [claim or [claimall the first will grab gold bandaids and couple of other things the 2nd of course grabs everything
Did not know about this command, thank you.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

I would recommend gauntlet to you if you are riding a mule and no carrying much you can do 4-5 rounds before you have more gold then you can carry. if you buy the gold scull you will get back about 65% of your money in gold and if you grind it out enough you will eventually get a SOT, BC or Jackels collar. if you are doing it solo nobles are by far the best way to do it. if you have a bag of holding ditch the mule and use five nobles. if you farm doom for bones to get the sculls on your own you will make decent money. in the long run, it is much more profitable then bally farm but it cannot be automated (not that anyone would ever run an auto loot for bally routes). also, if you get your own BC instead of selling it you can choose to level it yourself and relayer it and be well on your way to god status. a mana leach bow, a pack of nobles and a bag of holding can be a good mid level set up for money.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Opopanax wrote:If you run easyuo I highly recommend this toolbar, it's fantastic and has a repeat claim button, which will sweep up all the dead stuff and claim all gold from all corpses in a single press, if stuff is out of sight it will usually walk to it too.

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... bar#p61607
I picked this up and it wont run. What am I missing? I read through the how to but I don't see a tool bar.