Im so lost.

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Thomasmgp
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Im so lost.

Post by Thomasmgp »

is there a post somewhere on how to roll weapons? I see people with seemingly perfect weapon stats and cant believe they got that as a drop. Also macroing stealth so I never lose my corpse again. Didnt really have anything besides a 100% LRC suit but still kinda sucks have to run around naked with 3k in the bank lol.
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Really good weapons are one of the hardest items to get in game, thus why alot of them are really expensive to buy off other players. Once you figure out what monsters drop the best weapons in the game, you will have to spend months, potentially, waiting to get the perfect weapon dropped to you. Or if your extremely lucky, it may happen fast. Nothing worthwhile comes easy.
Jean Luc Picard in game
CroakerII
Apprentice Scribe

Post by CroakerII »

Its a weapon leveling deed, that cost 100k tokens. Once you buy it, add it your weapon, and then it begins to gain attributes itself.
U0 Dood!!!!
Thomasmgp
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Thomasmgp »

apocalypse wrote:Really good weapons are one of the hardest items to get in game, thus why alot of them are really expensive to buy off other players. Once you figure out what monsters drop the best weapons in the game, you will have to spend months, potentially, waiting to get the perfect weapon dropped to you. Or if your extremely lucky, it may happen fast. Nothing worthwhile comes easy.
and some of these would be? like I said at the start only UO I am familiar with is T2A and original.
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

FYI there is a corpse stone that can grab your last corpse for a fee...i think it's free if you're still of young status...but it's normally 20kish (which yeah doesn't help when you've got 3k...but you can usually shout out in world chat for help and people will come). Also just to clarify, you apply the weapon leveling deed to the weapon, you kill things with it to get XP (get twice as much xp in Felucca), and then YOU decide what you want to put on it.

Generally there are two weapons you'll want: something with whirlwind as it's special ability and a bow (yumi usually).

What you want on them varies (and trust me I am NOT the master on these stats so your mileage may vary) but a WW weapon should have as many spell hits as possible on it...aka harm, fireball, lightning, etc. because each one can trigger for each mob around you. Hit areas *might* be good but from my (limited) knowledge they can be problematic at spawns and some dungeons those hit types are outright turned off (aka the haunted halls supposedly disabled them..."supposedly").

I can't really speak for the bows...but i'm pretty sure on both WW and bows you want hit leaches as well like stam, life, mana so you can keep cranking out the special abilities. I'd recommend you check out the people standing around in TC to see what they've got going on.

Anyway take this with a grain of salt...i'm certainly not the master...now if you want to learn how to take over an entire map with houses...I can do that. :D

-Iago
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

Thomasmgp wrote:
apocalypse wrote:Really good weapons are one of the hardest items to get in game, thus why alot of them are really expensive to buy off other players. Once you figure out what monsters drop the best weapons in the game, you will have to spend months, potentially, waiting to get the perfect weapon dropped to you. Or if your extremely lucky, it may happen fast. Nothing worthwhile comes easy.
and some of these would be? like I said at the start only UO I am familiar with is T2A and original.

It all depends on where you are at gear wise, and what you need.
The best weapons are generally tailored for players that already have all their gear finished (obtained all the best armor etc), and are just looking for the most damage possible.
Example my yumi bow is,
60% mana leech
60% lower defence
60% hit lightning
60% hit fireball
60% hit harm
8 Str bonus
This does the most amount of damage for me where I'm at, as I don't need to add any other stats, as they are all covered by my armor and clothing.

For a first weapon though, you will want to add things like 8 dexterity to it to help you reach 220 dex faster.
You may want stamina leech and life leech as well, as it will help you survive fighting harder monsters.
Hit point increase, even swing speed increase if you need it, although you can get 30% swing speed increase from a headband of power.

It gets real complicated, I will leave it at that for now, its a lot to wrap your mind around, and a lot of it can be a matter of opinion as well (this is purely my opinion).
Jean Luc Picard in game
Thomasmgp
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Thomasmgp »

where are all the good farming spots at? all the items in the 220 dex guide are millions of gold. I have been on for like 7 hours today and havent even broke 200k in my bank and thats not counting the time I played yesterday. Also does the OP Sampire build that everyone plays on OSI server work here as well? When I try and solo stuff in Ilshenar to get Paragons to spawn I end up getting overwhelmed and pets get killed. I guess Mules just suck so do I need to switch to Nobles?

Just tried Labyrinth and the Minos at the entrance killed all 4 of my mules. I did manage to kill one and got 10k gold so guess I just need pets that arent worthless. Or should I be using some other type of build?
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Good places for farming depends completely on how "strong" your char is currently. Some places you WILL get overwhelmed and killed quickly. Others have less gold per critter but you have a much more favorable probability of survival. Do you use an auto healer? Do you have 220 dex? What are your healing, anatomy and vet skills at? Do you have Life/ mana leech on your weapon? Are you using a ranged or mele wep? Are you using Chivalry or Necro or Cleric spells? These must be answered to give you a realistic answer.
Thomasmgp
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Thomasmgp »

[Glyph] wrote:Good places for farming depends completely on how "strong" your char is currently. Some places you WILL get overwhelmed and killed quickly. Others have less gold per critter but you have a much more favorable probability of survival. Do you use an auto healer? Do you have 220 dex? What are your healing, anatomy and vet skills at? Do you have Life/ mana leech on your weapon? Are you using a ranged or mele wep? Are you using Chivalry or Necro or Cleric spells? These must be answered to give you a realistic answer.

I dont have 220 dex, i couldnt even afford 1/3 the price of a single piece thats needed. Anatomy is 100 and Vet is 115. Whats an Auto Healer? I heal my pets by weaving banages and the cleric heal spell together so they usually heal at the same time. Not familiar with what any of the Necro spells are. I have a Yumi but I think its trash, only has life leech and lightening. I try to use Chivalry spells but cant keep them up for long cause Im having to heal my pets.

I got a 120 animal lore scroll for Champ Spawn last night so raising that in order to control better pets. What pets can facetank stuff in Twisted Meald or Labyrnith?
Iago Venport
Elder Scribe

Post by Iago Venport »

search the forums for the Easy UO Script BlaZin' HealR
; by BlaZe Buddle of Excelsior's ßud ßrothers
; v1.1 Completed 12/28/10
;
; Basic Healing Macro with Bandaids.

it automatically heals you...if you don't have 220 dex you will need to tweak the delay

-Iago
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

What is your char name in game?
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

could always use uosteam healer for less then 220 dex however it sometimes get stuck on targeting cursor so buyer beware
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Thomasmgp
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Thomasmgp »

[Glyph] wrote:What is your char name in game?

Lythria
Sularis
Novice Scribe

Post by Sularis »

A little outdated i think, but this one helped me a lot:

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... ilit=Guide