Weapon Speed

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Dwukwiat
Novice Scribe

Weapon Speed

Post by Dwukwiat »

I was wondering if anyone knows the formula to calculating weapon speed on yumi, or on any weapon for that matter?
The calculator that you can use on Uo Stratics doesn't give correct answer. According to it I should get 1.25 sec swing with my 180 dex and 30ssi but thats not the case. When I drink dex potions and cast Divine Fury I see faster swings. I am asking for the formula because I wanted to calculate how much dex and ssi I need to collect to get the cap swing speed.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: Weapon Speed

Post by Wil »

swing speed runs on current stamina, not directly on dex
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Wil is correct on stamina for swing speed. But to answer your question I believe 237 Dex will give you max swing speed on all weapons. This will render as I on a weapon useless in my understanding. And if you didn't know, 220 Dec gives you Insta heal with bandages.
lilbear68
Master Scribe

Post by lilbear68 »

237dex yes max game speed but if you bring in stam then what IS the number for stam that brings wep max speed and if its a combination what is the make up I/e 200stam 50dex? 250stam 10 dex what is the actual ratio of stam and dex that brings max wep speed? in the end what does one have to attain to arrive at maximum game speed for weapons if counting stam and dex?
si vis pacem parabellum
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

it is 237 stamina that gives you max swing speed. Not a combo of anything. Remembering as you fight or walk with a heavy load, you stam will drop. Divine Fury brings you to max stam, which is why it seems to make you swing faster.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

As everyone else has stated, if you have 237 stam you swing at max speed. Even if you had just 10 dex and had enough +stamina stats on other things you would still swing at max speed, but your heal speed would be appalling.

Most try and aim for 220 dex for instant heal as mentioned here, so if you have 220 dex it will give you a base stamina of 220 and then you just need some +stamina on your kit to take you up to 237. Like everyone has said here though, when you fight, you get hit and lose stamina, so the more stamina you have gives you more buffer and time hitting at max speed before you drop below 237 and need to cast divine fury.
In game name: Abarai
Rhiemath
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Rhiemath »

I'd like to add that SSI essentially reduces the stamina required to keep swinging at max speed, making the buffer before needing divine fury bigger. I've maxed it out and I don't seem to slow down much until I get to about 100 stamina.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

So my mistake on the 237 DEX, it is 237 stamina that gives the max swing speed. The devil is in the details.