tmap names

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

tmap names

Post by Alamiester »

ello, just wondering what the diff is with these tmaps...seems the newer ones i been gettin are tattered, others i own arent tattered. whats the difference? is there a diff beteween names for fel and trammel or is it just the new tmaps with the update on treasure cheasts?
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Re: tmap names

Post by [Glyph] »

Fel and Tram t maps all have the same names for the difficulty levels. I believe that the tattered means it came from a critter instead of a chest. There is a link on the wiki. On the main page > Treasure Hunting. Gives the breakdown of each map level, monsters that guard and Chest drops.
Slymenstrah
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Slymenstrah »

I think the Tattered maps are maps that have not yet been decoded
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Slymenstrah wrote:I think the Tattered maps are maps that have not yet been decoded
Slymenstrah is spot on ! :D As usual hehe.

You should look up the new development on those tmaps as well as there are collectibles to gather. Each map level and facet has it's own collection.

Happy hunting !

Cheers!
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

ahh, that makes sense. thanks. :D
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

So do tmaps revert? I have quite a few low level maps that I know for certain that I have decoded in the past and now some show as tattered. I decoded a few and the tattered dropped off. I believe on OSI they became "undecoded" after 3 months or so. Not 100% on that part. I read it somewhere but it appears to be true.
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

i have maps that have been decoded way more than 3 months ago and all are still decoded. Also, old or not, it only shows the poinpoint. Once you start digging you will likely get the updated loot directly. Thats my guess though.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

The updated loot is in the chest it self. I have done about 20 or so and only got 1 new statue. The new stuff is affected by luck if I remember correctly.
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I'm almost certain that one of the GMs said that the loot in the chest is generated when it is dug up and not when the map is decoded, so any maps you have decoded previously will contain new loot :)

I do also remember reading that the loot is affected by luck, some tmap hoarders that have done hundreds of the new maps said that they estimated that the statue rate was about 25%, but they didn't post what their luck was at the time of digging up.

Link to the wiki is here, if there is any more info that needs adding let me know and I'll add it. http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Treasure_Hunting
In game name: Abarai
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Theluck only affect your chances to get a new higher grade treasure map within the chest. I have 1600 luck and so far it's been almost raining tmaps. :)
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

I have 1800 or 1900 luck and i find it only rains coconuts :p
For me Devious maps are the most disappointing 1 out of 7 or 8 maybe gives me next lvl
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Sooo i guess you're digging in trammel, right ? it looks like the drop rate is way higher in Felucca. I get a ratio over 1 out of 2 in fel and about 1 out of 5-6 in tram.

Before that change, the drop rate was about 1 out of 10 in whatever facet you were in. So yes it was greatly increased.
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

I do a lot of fel maps but not very many devious as the ones I get are from peerless and they are always tram. I did get two from fel wrong recently and they didn't give me anything