Excelsior for Mac

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
tcabral
Passer by

Excelsior for Mac

Post by tcabral »

Dear Colleagues,

I would really appreciate if I could play UO Excelsior shard using my Mac... Nowadays I have installed a version that allows me to play UO in other shards different than Excelsior due to the massive custom contents. Please, send me an address that I can download this game patched for Excelsior on my MacBook.

Chapeuzinho
Versales
Elder Scribe

Re: Excelsior for Mac

Post by Versales »

Hello,

I play on a mac, but I am not super computer savvy. I can tell you what program I use to play, and maybe you can use that information to get it working.
I use a program called Wine (I am pretty sure I had to get something called WineBottler as well) but essentially after I got Wine working I just have UOEX dowloaded to a folder on my desktop (can probably be put elsewhere but it works for me) Then I run wine (there will be a little wineglass over by where your time and wifi are displayed) click that and open the File manager, navigate to your desktop for me the path is (users>my name> desktop) from there I find my UOEX folder open it and run my client.exe

Note* You will have to download wine and use it to install UOEX before you can do the above stuff. I don't know if that is clear to you or not but its the best I can give as a Mac user who had difficulties in the beginning myself. You can also use Wine to download and use EasyUO with some playing around with it. However, I have not been able to get Razor or Steam to work but that may just be user error.

Note** Also I have read about partitioning your hard drive to run Windows on your Mac, but that takes a lot of room. I found that Wine takes hardly any room and allows me to play the game just fine.
Valorian in game!
tcabral
Passer by

Post by tcabral »

Thanks, gentleman!
onemoregenius
Master Scribe

Post by onemoregenius »

You actually have a few options, some of which are easier than others.

Wine is a great option! There's a similar program called Crossover that works a lot the same way. The downside to these are that they can get kind of "hacky" and not everything will work as intended.

I play using Parallels on my Mac so that I can run it in Windows. This is potentially the most expensive option, but you would be playing in Windows as opposed to "hacking" it with other programs. The benefit of Parallels is that it basically runs Windows like any other app on your Mac. There's a similar program called VMWare Fusion. As opposed to...

Bootcamp. You can install Windows on a separate partition on your Mac. There's software built into your Mac that will help you install it. The downside, is that you have to reboot your computer to get to it, as opposed to Parallels/VMWare Fusion.
6 year veteran. PM Xalvador in game if you need anything.