client crashes and DC from game

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
silverwolf
Apprentice Scribe

client crashes and DC from game

Post by silverwolf »

Hiya all.Looking for some help with this.Keep getting client crashes or DC'd from game for what seems no reason.Thought it might be the latest patch ,so i uninstalled everything to do with UO and excelsior and reinstalled all over again..But... I'm still getting dc'd and client crashes.Can be doing anything in game when these happen..Anyone else having this problem or anyone have any ideas what might be causing this..thanks for any help of info
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: client crashes and DC from game

Post by TeslaElectra »

I have also been having that but I assumed since it wasn't happening to anyone else, it was just my computer. There's no pattern to it. Sometimes I can be afk overnight with no issues at all. Where yesterday it happened 3 times within a 10 minute time frame and all throughout the day. Sometimes, Ill be afk for a 5 minutes and come back disconnected so it's not based on what I'm doing either. I also get both client crashes and disconnects. No pattern to those either. I do freeze for like 20 seconds before it disconnects which is annoying. I usually just X out the client because its 50/50 whether Ill disconnect or stay logged in.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I think it's related to a disconnect. Many times when i disconnect, the client crashes. Well, if that's the case at lest we know where to look.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

What do you mean it's related to a disconnect?
silverwolf
Apprentice Scribe

Post by silverwolf »

haha,beat me too it tesla.was wondering that myself.cant even play the game right now.If i try to do anything its not worth it as the dc's come with no warning lol
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

Yeah right after posting asking that question, I went afk for a few minutes.. came back disconnected. Lol. I almost wrote in that post that I haven't been disconnected yet today but it's bound to happen. Haha.
Entora
Master Scribe

Post by Entora »

I have been disconnected alot but i thought it was just my network issue (bf upgraded the router few weeks ago). Couple of times a days, sometimes even caused me death.
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

Today the crashing has been awful for me. I have crashed/disconnect over 5 times in my 30 minutes of playing. It's almost unplayable today. Yesterday, I crashed a few times but it was not nearly as bad.
silverwolf
Apprentice Scribe

Post by silverwolf »

I feel for you tesla.that happened to me yesterday..i Finally gave up and logged out for most of the day,gets very frustrating
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

It ended up being 11 times over 32 minutes. I died in Labyrinth from crashing, crashed as soon as I logged in, took a few steps towards the ankh from where the pyres were and crashed before I could res. Finally got back in resurrected and ran out of Labyrinth and crashed just sitting at Britain. GreenBar gave me a suggestion. I will PM it to you in a few hours.