Looking for suggestion on a good starting template

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Dimok
Passer by

Looking for suggestion on a good starting template

Post by Dimok »

As title says. I'm checking out the shard, but not new to UO. Just getting a bit too old to deal with all the ganking/griefing "pvp" on the shard I've been playing on for the last couple years.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Re: Looking for suggestion on a good starting template

Post by Melkor »

Welcome to the shard. Lots of information in the wiki, also there is this great collection of information that Devlin made.

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... in+awesome
TDC Guild
Dimok
Passer by

Post by Dimok »

Wow ok, I guess I have a lot of reading to do. Shard I came from is old school, all this Necromancy and stuff is new to me. Thanks I'll get to reading.
Achaus
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Achaus »

Welcome! This shard is a great home and place to play.

I started here about 3 months ago after 18 years of not playing and it seemed daunting at first. So many new skills and weapons. Just know that most of the players here are very friendly and helpful. If you take it steady, things will fall into place.

Defiantly read the wiki and forum(but mostly the wiki). It has helped me so much. I am often on the wiki using it for reference. Also make sure to read the Codex, as that has important rules regarding World Chat and macroing.

There is no set template here, since everything can be trained fairly quickly. First I would head to the new player donation room. Grab some gear, then hit the newbie dungeon, to train combat skills. Make sure to do the Newbie quests as often as possible. The rat quest can be done every 30 mins, if done diligently you'll be so much better off a few months down the line. Also remember Dex is king here.

Also, you will be given a +60 skill ball when you start. Save it. I know its tempting to use for easy gain, but most skills train fairly quickly. Some skills are hard to train to 120, but it will take you a bit to know which. Lockpicking can be the hardest to get from 95 to 120, so i used mine on that skill. Others use on taming, but don't use until you have used a 120 Powerscroll.

I hope you have fun. Let me know if you need anything such as full spellbook or 100% LRC suit.

Cheer,
Achaus Ruin
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Here are the key pieces of information you need to know:

1. 125 dex, 125 str, 50 int.

2. Animal taming (lore, vetrinary) first. Brush and taming potions make skill gain easy and max-bred animals you can buy from other players will be much stronger than you for at least the next few months.

3. Take full advantage of the training room.

Regards,
Wil
Xcrjndi
Elder Scribe

Post by Xcrjndi »

If you ever have a perhaps "niche" question, or something that should be simple but might be complicated because of how the shard works, I'm always just a PM away (as are many others). Welcome home, good to have you.
RARE BLOOD // Tezztoy in-game.
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

There is NO skill cap!

Check out the wiki, learn how to navigate the world teleporter system and find yourself a good rune library (I have a huge public library fyi ^_^
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's