Need advice on weapon stats

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Superduke
Grandmaster Scribe

Need advice on weapon stats

Post by Superduke »

Hi guys,

I need your advice on double axe with the following stats:

Currently it has:
DCI 18
ML 58
HLL 58
HLD 58
Hit FB 58
Hit Lighting 58

What should it look like at lvl 100?

I see 2 options:
Option 1:
DCI 18
ML 60
HLL 60
HLD 60
Hit FB 60
Hit Lighting 60

55 points left.
8 str?
10 SDI?
2 DCI? (to make it 20)

Option 2:
ML 58
HLL 58
HLD 58
Hit FB 58
Hit Lighting 58

89 points left.

Str 8?
SDI 20?
DCI 2?

Which option and what stats would you advise me and why?

Cheers
Superduke
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Need advice on weapon stats

Post by Superduke »

To be more specific: i'm looking for max damage output. Is it betrer to get hits to 60 for more spell triggers? Or is the difference not noticable and better leave hits at 58 and get 20 sdi?
lnickos
Expert Scribe

Post by lnickos »

You will do more damage by increasing hits and strength. Spell hit will scale towards how much SDI all your gear is. For example, if you have 200% SDI, then a 2% increase in lightning will produce 6% more total spell damage. SDI will give you a linear increase in spell damage. So, 4% SDI (I use 4% because it is equivalent in points to 2% spell hit) will increase your lightning and fireball DPS by 4% each, but only when they proc, which means a total damage of 8% 58% of the time, equaling 4.64% more spell damage.
If you are good at math, you can create a math model function that takes into account your DPS as a function of SDI, strength, and spell hits. Furthermore, this model needs to be restricted by boundaries that are functions of attribute points. From there, use calculus to find the maximum or optimal DPS pathway. But from my example, at a point in your gear if you have 200% SDI, the decision to go with Model 1 is more beneficial than Model 2 with a 22.67% greater benefit than Model 1.
Strength increases base damage by 0.3% per strength and this helps with damage less than both spell hits and SDI, but the added benefit is that strength from gear provides 1.5 HP per strength. I think that it would be a good idea to get 8 strength no matter what.
Superduke
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Superduke »

Thanks for your input! I will go with 5 x 60% and 8 str.