Help NB with priority in game

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
kogima
Apprentice Scribe

Help NB with priority in game

Post by kogima »

Hi all.

A little guidance here:

After 50 days playing, start with a lot of help from other player (thanks all) get stronger. Now I can hunt some balrons and started to accumulate some money.

As I finished Mistvale, and I´m not strong enough to hold GoC quest yet. What would be the priority?
- Buy better weapon? What kind? I have no preference, I just want to kill mobs fast anought on GoC and Champs
- Do 220dex gear? Which will cost me around 4 mi
- Buy ED for 150 dex? Which will cost me around 5 mi
- Other? Which one, can u exemplify?

:D
Asmodean
Legendary Scribe

Re: Help NB with priority in game

Post by Asmodean »

kogima wrote:Hi all.

A little guidance here:

After 50 days playing, start with a lot of help from other player (thanks all) get stronger. Now I can hunt some balrons and started to accumulate some money.

As I finished Mistvale, and I´m not strong enough to hold GoC quest yet. What would be the priority?
- Buy better weapon? What kind? I have no preference, I just want to kill mobs fast anought on GoC and Champs
- Do 220dex gear? Which will cost me around 4 mi
- Buy ED for 150 dex? Which will cost me around 5 mi
- Other? Which one, can u exemplify?

:D

Personally, I would work on 220 dex. It's a complete game changer. You don't necessarily need to spend ED to get 150 right away, it's certainly USEFUL but not MANDATORY.

One thing a lot of people get confused by, is there are different weapon types. In your example, hunting balrons and doing champs should be done with 2 different weapons. I would get a blaze of death for champs, and stick to a yumi for single target stuff.

From there, finish off your GoC, then start working on re-layers.
kogima
Apprentice Scribe

Post by kogima »

Tks boss for ur help.

But how can I get 220dex and still using GoC gear? Because I managed to get 220 dex, but only with this set:

- Jackal's Collar +15
- Jewelry (brac +7, earing +7, Ring +8). That´s what i could manage without abdicate too much of STR and whole my money
- Darkened Sky: +8
- Hunter's Headdress +8
- Arms of Tactical Excellence +8
- Stitcher's Mittens +8
- Chest +5
- The Sash of Fog + 6
- The Cloak of Mist +8

Right now I have 215 dex, but only 200 STR. Which item should I look for to get 220 with a good gear? Without ED as u sad.
Aster
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Aster »

Batwing give a 10 dex bunus, can be a solution.
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

I am not sure if you are against donating to the shard. for 250 ed you can get 5 x +5 to individual stat scrolls. This will raise your dex from 125 to 150

I am guessing you already have +8 dex ring and bracelet.

as for weapons... The longer you play, the more types of weapons you will likely have... As tempting as it is to place +dex on the damage weapon, in the long run you are going to be further ahead if you can place +8 strength (extra hit points)

single target - NO area effect (lower defense + Mana Leech + as many hits as you can muster (fireball, lightening 1st, then Magic Missile for ranged or harm for close)

Multi Target - Whirlwind with at least 1 area damage with hp and mp leech and lightening at the very least

Ranged - at first you will likely use this as your single target weapon of choice, NO area, will want mp leech and as many hits as you can muster.

Personally I have 4 weapons I carry... meele single target ancient axe, whirlwind maul, single target Yumi and a x-bow with 3x area hits on it

---

Once you get close enough to consider a relayer... get a huge bag of holding 1st. While it is 600ed, that is a huge game changer... no need to have mules to carry loot, toss in huge bag of holding. Can carry stack of 60k arrows, 60k bandies, all your keys, and up to a couple million gold...
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

kogima wrote: But how can I get 220dex and still using GoC gear?
Hey mate, in regards to achieving 220 dex with GoC gear, I finally achieved that last week after 3 years on the shard. I use 4 pieces of GoC and leveled 3 relayers myself. I farmed the gold and only donated 250ed so that I could finish off my last relayer.

I have 150 base dex and the dex from my gear is as follows:
- Jackals collar 15
- Wrist/Ring/Earring (8/7/7)
- Cloak of Mist 8
- Sash of Fog 6
- Shirt relayer 8
- Kilt relayer 8
- Pants relayer 8
Total: 75 (gear) + 150 (stat) = 225

I wear GoC chest, arms, gloves and boots, which give me almost all of my resists and help beef up my low intelligence/mana. I plan to only have 3 relayers with dex and any other relayer I make will be SoT ones to boost my strength and HP.

I hope this helps with some of your gear planning.
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

Pek wrote:
kogima wrote: But how can I get 220dex and still using GoC gear?
Hey mate, in regards to achieving 220 dex with GoC gear, I finally achieved that last week after 3 years on the shard. I use 4 pieces of GoC and leveled 3 relayers myself. I farmed the gold and only donated 250ed so that I could finish off my last relayer.

I have 150 base dex and the dex from my gear is as follows:
- Jackals collar 15
- Wrist/Ring/Earring (8/7/7)
- Cloak of Mist 8
- Sash of Fog 6
- Shirt relayer 8
- Kilt relayer 8
- Pants relayer 8
Total: 75 (gear) + 150 (stat) = 225

I wear GoC chest, arms, gloves and boots, which give me almost all of my resists and help beef up my low intelligence/mana. I plan to only have 3 relayers with dex and any other relayer I make will be SoT ones to boost my strength and HP.

I hope this helps with some of your gear planning.
Don't forget weapon (1-8 dex) + ravnos' shield (5 dex) :)
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

Good point Gaara. I had 8 dex on my favourite axe and have only shelved it now as I am leveling 58 hit weapons.
Annachie
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Annachie »

All that being said, there's nothing wrong with putting +8 dex on your weapon if you plan on later replacing that weapon.

IE: At your level, it can be worth doing, but as you start to get relayers, you get a better base weapon and don't put dex on it.
Character name: Ebony
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Annachie wrote:All that being said, there's nothing wrong with putting +8 dex on your weapon if you plan on later replacing that weapon.

IE: At your level, it can be worth doing, but as you start to get relayers, you get a better base weapon and don't put dex on it.
Yes, I agree with this too. I have a player crafted bow that I got fairly early on and put dex onto, it has hit mana leech and lightning and is still useful, despite me having 220 dex now before putting the bow on. You can get some player crafted ones at a good price, also bear in mind that an exceptional player crafted weapon that has 35% damage increase as standard will do more damage than the same looted weapon with 35% dmg increase due to a bonus for player crafted weapons that isn't displayed.
In game name: Abarai
lilbear68
Master Scribe

Post by lilbear68 »

where would this bonus for player crafted weapons be listed?
si vis pacem parabellum
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

It isn't listed in the wiki, I was going to add something about it, but I don't actually know how much of a bonus it adds. Maybe one of the veterans knows, but I'm not sure of exact numbers. It has been discussed on the forum before though and others have also confirmed that it does exist.
In game name: Abarai
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

I have heard of the hidden damage bonus from exceptional crafted weapons, but I have neither tested or confirmed it.

This is a link from uoguide. All it really states is that exceptional weapons can get 35% DI as a free item property. http://www.uoguide.com/Exceptional
Superduke
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Superduke »

More on crafted vs looted here: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=55710
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

Superduke wrote:More on crafted vs looted here: http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=55710
Thanks for that link.