Arms Lore?

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Arms Lore?

Post by Deadwerd »

It seems that no one knows exactly if Arms Lore actually helps when it comes to crafting better weapons and/or armor. Can I get a straight answer on this? I've spoken to numerous people, and it's split down the middle. Half say that Arms Lore helps in crafting basically everything with properties, whereas the other half claims 120 Arms Lore is purely cosmetic. Does anybody know, for a fact, if Arms Lore boosts any of the properties when crafting weapons or armor? And if so, does it just increase the chances of crafting items with higher/more properties, or does it surpass the cap of percentages you would be able to craft with only 100 Arms Lore? Appreciate the answers in advance.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
Argyle
Apprentice Scribe

Re: Arms Lore?

Post by Argyle »

According to UOguide, arms lore increases the damage/resists of exceptional weapons/armour by 1% per 20 points. However, the exceptional bonus (also according to uoguide) is +35% damage (+15% resists), and I've never seen non-runic +40% crafted weapons. This would strongly imply to me that it does nothing.
Ingame char name is microcline